Snowflakes....

...Having the camp version put up front and centre all the time must be annoying for them.

Maybe there is a need for a counter event for non-flamboyant LGBT, Plain Pride sounds like a good start and looking at old photos of the original events that is what it was then.
The sprogette works with two gay guys (lots of LGBT's actually, but bear with me)... Gay A, a manager, does not work with GAY B, and refuses to even have him on shift because GAY B appears to be more gay and is camper than GAY A. Apparently it's a real hissy fit when scheduling gets it wrong.

The sprogette works with two gay guys (lots of LGBT's actually, but bear with me)... Gay A, a manager, does not work with GAY B, and refuses to even have him on shift because GAY B appears to be more gay and is camper than GAY A. Apparently it's a real hissy fit when scheduling gets it wrong.
The puzzle with camp is are those types affecting the mannerisms or is it something that is just how they are? I think it is the former, particularly those that go overboard for cabaret music, it's the lamest sound going.

There seems to be a gay Inquisition thing going on with them, if you are gay and dislike all of that tacky stuff then you are a traitor come heretic to the cause. Avoid like the plague is my advice, and that goes for anyone, straight, LGBT whatever unless you seriously subscribe to this mindset, they will have you reaching for your gun in double quick time.

The puzzle with camp is are those types affecting the mannerisms or is it something that is just how they are? I think it is the former, particularly those that go overboard for cabaret music, it's the lamest sound going.

There seems to be a gay Inquisition thing going on with them, if you are gay and dislike all of that tacky stuff then you are a traitor come heretic to the cause. Avoid like the plague is my advice, and that goes for anyone, straight, LGBT whatever unless you seriously subscribe to this mindset, they will have you reaching for your gun in double quick time.
A local boozer of mine turned into a gay bar overnight. A load of us carried on going in. There were some fine people who went in there, but the amount of crap we got for being straight off the queens was unbelievable.

I thought the object of gay rights was to give people the right to do whatever they want with consenting adults in the privacy of their own bedroom. Why people have to look at the world through the lens of their own homsexuality is beyond me.

Last edited:
A local boozer of mine turned into a gay bar overnight. A load of us carried on going in. There were some fine people who went in there, but the amount of crap we got for being straight off the queens was unbelievable.

I thought the object of gay rights was to give people the right to do whatever they want with consenting adults in the privacy of their own bedroom. Why people have to look through the world through the lens of their own homsexuality is beyond me.
I hope you told the dickheads to piss off. Equality is absolutely a fine objective, for those of any hue or persuasion who act like twats that is the deserved response to give them.

think its because they get so much shit from being gay.
worked somewhere where the lesbians were out to get one another one lesbian was in the closet but spread malicious gossip about the others

I hope you told the ********* to piss off. Equality is absolutely a fine objective, for those of any hue or persuasion who act like twats that is the deserved response to give them.
Most of the gays were fine, it was the try-too-hard types who made you suspect they actually fancied girls.

We had an ex-submariner in one pub who self-styled himself "throbbing" Hood, and camped it right up. He couldn't have a conversation without tediously referencing homosexuality to seem edgy. He was straight. The thought of being stuck in a tin can with him makes me shudder.

Most of the gays were fine, it was the try-too-hard types who made you suspect they actually fancied girls.

We had an ex-submariner in one pub who self-styled himself "throbbing" Hood, and camped it right up. He couldn't have a conversation without tediously referencing homosexuality to seem edgy. He was straight. The thought of being stuck in a tin can with him makes me shudder.
The thing about being who you are is you can be as welcome at the pub as anyone else, as long as you don't act like a prat as in this case, this is beyond tedious behaviour that will soon have everyone making their excuses. Throbbing Hood was in fact Dick Head by another name.

I thought the object of gay rights was to give people the right to do whatever they want with consenting adults in the privacy of their own bedroom. Why people have to look at the world through the lens of their own homsexuality is beyond me.

Because some people consider themselves, and whatever their self identified grouping is, as very special and therefore effortlessly superior and obviously right.

Also tend to be those who cannot take any criticism, often attempt to suppress dissenting or merely different view and are pretty horrible human beings.

Afraid I laughed when told by a way up her own arrse neighbour that a local floristry club had split along factional lines following a dispute amongst members concerning "non traditional materials and themes" in displays.

That made me a very bad person indeed because I was obviously mocking them and being insensitive.

Such was the crushing importance of this weighty matter that Hate Crimes had been reported following a Facebook spat.

Because some people consider themselves, and whatever their self identified grouping is, as very special and therefore effortlessly superior and obviously right.

Also tend to be those who cannot take any criticism, often attempt to suppress dissenting or merely different view and are pretty horrible human beings.

Afraid I laughed when told by a way up her own arrse neighbour that a local floristry club had split along factional lines following a dispute amongst members concerning "non traditional materials and themes" in displays.

That made me a very bad person indeed because I was obviously mocking them and being insensitive.

Such was the crushing importance of this weighty matter that Hate Crimes had been reported following a Facebook spat.
I hope the Police are moments away from battering your door down and hauling you off you . . . . . you . . . . . . . Nazi.

But on a serious note I find it bizarre that in a world where the cause de jour is equality & diversity, people have become so entrenched in their little enclaves that anyone who questions, disagrees or is even just ambivalent to their orthodoxy is called out as someone deserving of punishment.
The sad part is in many cases people are being punished for not agreeing with their wishes and demands.

I hope the Police are moments away from battering your door down and hauling you off you . . . . . you . . . . . . . Nazi.

But on a serious note I find it bizarre that in a world where the cause de jour is equality & diversity, people have become so entrenched in their little enclaves that anyone who questions, disagrees or is even just ambivalent to their orthodoxy is called out as someone deserving of punishment.
The sad part is in many cases people are being punished for not agreeing with their wishes and demands.
Agree, it's as if "Equality" means their way or else, and "Diversity" means everyone else has to have their opinion. "I'm special, so don't you dare think otherwise..."

Such a shame there isn't a "Jesus H F***ing Christ" caption.

Moderators?

At the risk of stereotyping I would expect a dancing show (of the sort we see on BBC that is, maybe a Drill Rap dancing contest would not be applicable here) to contain a larger percentage of gay men that might otherwise be found.

Perhaps this is stereotyping but perhaps though as with Pride etc. the image of gay is one of high camp whereas in reality I expect that gay men and women by and large go around looking much like their hetero counterparts. Having the camp version put up front and centre all the time must be annoying for them.

Maybe there is a need for a counter event for non-flamboyant LGBT, Plain Pride sounds like a good start and looking at old photos of the original events that is what it was then.
Homo Pride? They can dress up in black suits and bowler hats.