Snowflakes....

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Biggest current snowflake melt has to be Starbucks who are closing all stores worldwide for one day of staff " inclusiveness " training because one store called the police to eject two black guys who refused to buy anything, and refused to leave the store, ie trespassing, a huge media shitstorm ensued claiming the entire company was racist. The black guys involved have of course milked it for all it's worth.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
He's in a state of flux...

I had the pleasure and privilege of speaking to Andy Green a few years back.
He told me that he had met Armstrong and Yaeger, and the former had told him "always get more instruments... and make sure they are analog."
And the latter had said he campaigned strongly for analog - even to the point where glass-cockpit still shows most stuff as 'analog' feel.
Makes sense - a quick glance to see what's what, as opposed to having to stare at the dash/instrument panel and try to decipher digits....
The same thing applies to car speedos: A needle pointing at approx the right position as regards the speed limit is registered at a glance. A more accurate set of digits has to be read and compared to the current speed limit.

Not a major difference timewise but it does take longer more so when driving abroad MPH to KPH or vice versa.

The same thing applies to car speedos: A needle pointing at approx the right position as regards the speed limit is registered at a glance. A more accurate set of digits has to be read and compared to the current speed limit.

Not a major difference timewise but it does take longer more so when driving abroad MPH to KPH or vice versa.
The current trend towards digital speedos on bikes does my head in. Unless you're at a constant speed, the digits are just a blur. Give me a dial anyday.

I know on some cars the 'digital' screen with an analog feel (Jaguar) can be set to km/h and mph.
the needle adjusts accordingly.

Can anyone get a sad on over anything these days? Have concepts such as reasonableness (see Wednesbury Unreasonableness) been trumped the the individuals right to be offended?