snowboarding holiday accommodation

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by shinyrse, Sep 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am looking for recommendations for SC or catered chalet type accommodation for a Christmas week snowboarding holiday.

Ideally looking for a location with good (enough) snow at that time of year, handy for the slopes (as i cant see me driving with that much hooch in me), tuition for learners (as we are average skiers giving boarding a go for the first time) with decent facilities (cos we are old farts who don’t fancy hostel ablutions!).

If anyone has personal experience of somewhere worth looking up please drop me a line...

2. I have friends that own a chalet in Morzine, a nice little snowboarding hideout about 40 minutes from Geneva.

Try them, their great.
  3. I spent last New Year at Chesty and Tina's lodge in Bad Hindelang, 15 mins from Sonthofen, and plan to do so every year if possible. Pubs are a bit quiet in the area, but it's based more around families anyway. Tina offers a babysitting service while you go up the slopes, while hesty will take any anklebiters out for the day for skiing lessons.Go to for more info.