Snow.

I've got two of them in my garage. Legacies from my childhood when frost formed on the inside of the bedroom windows.

Good points - you could cook on them, they were fitted with a device that snuffed the flame if you tipped them.

Bad point - you woke up with a stinking headache.

That'll be the CO poisoning. As long as you do wake up, don't worry.

They can create a horrible smell of paraffin and make everything drip with condensation.

That'll be the CO poisoning. As long as you do wake up, don't worry.

They can create a horrible smell of paraffin and make everything drip with condensation.
GCO or BCO?

On the contrary, it's when you do wake up that it's right to worry. If you don't wake up, there's no need to worry.

Condensation? I thought it was the rime thawing.

I must say - the winter camouflage trousers worn by the bloke in the black jacket are very good. His legs are nearly invisible...
… yebbut, I was toasty-warm! Longjohns, jeans, and moleskin outers, couldn’t move quickly, but toasty-warm … which may have had something to do with the addition to the coffee issue …
D76847CD-217A-4CC6-B7B7-D1DB1F5AAB5C.jpeg

Andy Bear

Clanker
Several flakes of snow have arrived in Surrey apparently.

0_JS252167776.jpg

That guarantees a global warming story will headline BBC's 6 O 'Clock news......

' Snow carnage devastates commuter belt.....cannabalism imminent in Crawley......'will no-one think of the children?' pleads single mum.....'I blame Boris, grrr'

As in : ' Buy a fackin' Paraffin heater ya dope '

s-l225.webp

( Vintage Valor No 207 Blue Flame Paraffin Heater - greenhouse, garage, shed - Vintage Valor No 207 Blue Flame Paraffin Heater - greenhouse, garage, shed | eBay )
Is the top pic taken on the common at the top of Redhill, looking out over St Johns? As for paraffin heaters, excellent bit of kit in an emergency, but do produce lots of moisture... which can be hazardous to the adhesion of your wallpaper.

Now here's a thing, what do you call a person that relies on a single source of power over which they have no control for heating, lighting and cooking?

An utter mongtard.

It 'aint difficult, you need to use 20th century technology, educate yourself, become self reliant as opposed to being a supplicant.
I live in an environment that has particularly unpredictable weather. When we built the house, the open fire had a back boiler installed, not for heating but to ensure adequate supply of hot water during prolonged power cuts. Cooking is by bottled gas, something that is stocked by the house for wintertime. Nothing particularly difficult, just common sense.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is the top pic taken on the common at the top of Redhill, looking out over St Johns? As for paraffin heaters, excellent bit of kit in an emergency, but do produce lots of moisture... which can be hazardous to the adhesion of your wallpaper.
I believe so ( I can't afford to live in Surrey! )

Yes.

I expect there are lots of more up-to-date ways to stay warm.

( Shooting your tauntaun and cutting it open is another.)

Andy Bear

Clanker
I believe so ( I can't afford to live in Surrey! )

Yes.

I expect there are lots of more up-to-date ways to stay warm.

( Shooting your tauntaun and cutting it open is another.)
Ah. I thought perhaps you had taken that photo. and that there was another ARRSER in the Woodhatch/Reigate area.

Latest Threads