Snow.

I wanted to try this but herself doesn't trust me not to burn the house down.

Pathetic. Try this:

1638140594152.jpeg

We had about half an inch snow on Friday night. At around 07.30 hrs I could hear some of the neighbours out busy brushing it off the pavement along with the sound of tutting that several of us were clearly a bunch of lazy buggers enjoying Saturday morning inspecting the inside of the eyelids. Post inspection and a little later it had all melted and gone. I suppose it gives them some aerobic exercise, personally I prefer to use the brain cells and check expected weather patterns.

Yes, the power of nature. I've spent happy days shovelling snow, woken up the next morning and it's all gone. all by itself!

Lying in bed last night, approx 2330hrs. Wind howling and I hear a strange noise on the road outside.
'I wonder what that is. It's no noise I've ever heard before.'
Peek out the window.
'Ah yes, that'll be the content of my skip, insulation, wood and all, leaving said skip and being pushed by nature's force up the road. Fucksake.'

'Natures force' - you sure it wasn't @Kirkz?

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Aye it's the same here, went into town a couple of days ago, on the way in saw vehicles that have come off the road and stuck by the side of the road.

One young lady stood by her car with no coat or hat on, I pulled her car back onto the road and got her on her way before she froze to death.
Sorry, I read that as 'Pulled one off'. :D

1638140594152-jpeg.618972

Our Russki friends had a few of those in my day, used as NBC decontamination vehicles. The final home for all of those centrifugal flow jet engines we gave them the plans for - nice one Mr Attlee!

Maybe @MrBane could make us one?

1638140594152-jpeg.618972

Our Russki friends had a few of those in my day, used as NBC decontamination vehicles. The final home for all of those centrifugal flow jet engines we gave them the plans for - nice one Mr Attlee!

Maybe @MrBane could make us one?
That Sir, is tempting fate for a GLORIOUS disaster.

Ritch

LE
Had to go deliver some emergency rations to my old man today but couldn't get there without having to abandon the car and walk the last half mile. The ploughs and gritters can't get up and even the farmer was struggling.

Four to six foot snow drifts. Took this photo of his neighbours house.

20211128_225158.jpg

Had to go deliver some emergency rations to my old man today but couldn't get there without having to abandon the car and walk the last half mile. The ploughs and gritters can't get up and even the farmer was struggling.

Four to six foot snow drifts. Took this photo of his neighbours house.

View attachment 619080
All you need is Krampus and a few fleeing children in the photo and you'd have fine Christmas cards to send out.

Tan Hill has taken delivery of their reindeer. Now they've got an all-weather taxi service, lock-ins aren't compulsory.

Last edited:

PFGEN

GCM
Tan Hill has taken delivery of their reindeer. Now they've got an all-weather taxi service, lock-ins aren't compulsory.
Well that's spoilt things. I always used to like the old murder mysteries where the cast were cut off from the rest of the world with no form of communication due to the snow taking down the phone lines. Sir Stanley has just been discovered very dead in his bathroom with a hot poker up his jacksie (cooled off at time of discovery) and wearing stockings and sussies. The best films were in black and white with subdued lighting. The protagonists would meet in the lounge around a roaring fire after a dinner prepared by a cook with a furrin accent. They would then eye each other suspiciously to see who was going to take the first sip of port....and survive. Somebody's Mrs turning up with a reindeer uber to take hubby home would have really screwed up the plot.

Now here's a thing, what do you call a person that relies on a single source of power over which they have no control for heating, lighting and cooking?

An utter mongtard.

It 'aint difficult, you need to use 20th century technology, educate yourself, become self reliant as opposed to being a supplicant.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Several flakes of snow have arrived in Surrey apparently.

0_JS252167776.jpg

That guarantees a global warming story will headline BBC's 6 O 'Clock news......

' Snow carnage devastates commuter belt.....cannabalism imminent in Crawley......'will no-one think of the children?' pleads single mum.....'I blame Boris, grrr'

Now here's a thing, what do you call a person that relies on a single source of power over which they have no control for heating, lighting and cooking?

An utter mongtard.

It 'aint difficult, you need to use 20th century technology, educate yourself, become self reliant as opposed to being a supplicant.

As in : ' Buy a fackin' Paraffin heater ya dope '

s-l225.webp

( Vintage Valor No 207 Blue Flame Paraffin Heater - greenhouse, garage, shed - https://tinyurl.com/34hj4aja )

Last edited:
Several flakes of snow have arrived in Surrey apparently.

0_JS252167776.jpg

That guarantees a global warming story will headline BBC's 6 O 'Clock news......

' Snow carnage devastates commuter belt.....cannabalism imminent in Crawley......'will no-one think of the children?' pleads single mum.....'I blame Boris, grrr'

As in : ' Buy a fackin' Paraffin heater ya dope '

s-l225.webp

( Vintage Valor No 207 Blue Flame Paraffin Heater - greenhouse, garage, shed - https://tinyurl.com/34hj4aja )
I've got two of them in my garage. Legacies from my childhood when frost formed on the inside of the bedroom windows.

Good points - you could cook on them, they were fitted with a device that snuffed the flame if you tipped them.

Bad point - you woke up with a stinking headache.

I've got two of them in my garage. Legacies from my childhood when frost formed on the inside of the bedroom windows.

Good points - you could cook on them, they were fitted with a device that snuffed the flame if you tipped them.

Bad point - you woke up with a stinking headache.
I have 2 as well and still use them regularly in the winter. Put them next to tractors to warm them up before running them rather than heating the whole drive shed up, saves fuel and money.

I sympathise with suffering … here in our bit of the Antipodes it’s almost Summer, allegedly, but today feels similar to when I was working in UlaanBaator in Jan ‘12, where this attire was necessary:
View attachment 618715

I must say - the winter camouflage trousers worn by the bloke in the black jacket are very good. His legs are nearly invisible...

Latest Threads