Snow? what snow?

Brilliant...

On a serious note though - if any of you are travelling to Canterbury, best of luck. We've had five inches of snow in two hours, and the area is at a standstill.

Here in STANTA we had a brief shower on Wednesday - and it's still here. Temperature has been sub-zero ever since!

"travelling to Canterbury, best of luck"

Good advice at any time of the year.I thought Hastings was a shithole until I discovered Canterbury.

R

rogermellie

The cloud and snow generator is still kicking out all sorts into the atmoz - but it's a lot cleaner than some of the locals :)
Hi again,
I remember when they built the houses in that piece of land next to railway line that run up toward the power station, they had to knock loads down as they fooking sank , funny as fcuk. Just about sums the place up, a seething bog with Monsters !
That was years ago but from what you are saying things have only got worse!

Kind regards,

R M

My missus left Bristol at around 12:30pm. After closures along the M5, she's been diverted who-knows-where on her way to Manchester. Last I heard she was taking an A-road up through Wolverhampton to get to the M6. She was supposed to phone me once on the M6. It's now 7pm and she's still not called.

Fucking good job I didn't go with her!

Didcot will always be Didcot no matter what you do to it. (Saying that the Ladygrove estate has dragged the rest of the town a few millimeters away from Satan's arsehole but only a little bit.)

They're building a load more houses North of the A4130 on the way towards the A34 at the moment. They might have to build a bigger job centre in town.

I think I had the UKs worst destinations as my changes on the train on the way back to work a few weeks ago; Didcot, Reading, Basingstoke and Andover - exotic! (Two showers after that journey.) :)

My missus left Bristol at around 12:30pm. After closures along the M5, she's been diverted who-knows-where on her way to Manchester. Last I heard she was taking an A-road up through Wolverhampton to get to the M6. She was supposed to phone me once on the M6. It's now 7pm and she's still not called.

Fucking good job I didn't go with her!
Sounds serious, best get down the pub and pick up a replacement or two. :)

R

rogermellie

Didcot will always be Didcot no matter what you do to it. (Saying that the Ladygrove estate has dragged the rest of the town a few millimeters away from Satan's arsehole but only a little bit.

But for fooks sake why?
I understand some "have" to live there after all it was their birthplace and as such why would they want to leave "chavsville".
Some of the houses i was talking about were at the "focus diy" end and were these big "executive" homes built by wimpey , they took months and months to sell. I cannot think why though, i,m sure there is loads of high flyers queueing up to live in didcot.
I must make a point of having a nosy round next time i,m down that neck of the woods (mother lives about 15 miles away) although i must remember to drive no slower than 40 as the wheels of my car might get lifted !
So sorry to learn of the "changes" you had to make on your train journey, shitsville all the way then ! Mind you not a patch on Didcot

Kind regards,

R M

Having spent a number of years in Didcot, I will agree that it is the most shite place on earth.

As for 'The Queens Arms' (is it still there?), that is one hell of a shit pub. The last time I went there I vomited outside, the beer was not so good. That said I'm pretty sure I vomited from the Wally Arms a few times too, and the pre-renovation 'Prince Of Wales' (I went there recently whilst on the train and they've refurbed it and they love squaddies now, plaques all over the bar and all sorts of Help For Heroes gestures). Some types on here might even remember the bowling alley that used to be next door, that was a giggle on Friday afternoon. And fights at 2am Saturday outside Broadways. Oh the memories. Went there too a while ago (for a Keskins burger) and station road has disappeared. Unfortunately the chavscum council houses on it, haven't.

You've started me off now. Bollocks.

R

rogermellie

Fook me i had forgotten about "broadways" it really is a shithole isn't it . the whole place just needs flattening.
I can and never will understand how the place has grown over the years.
There are some very sought after villages locally such as clifton hampden and long whittenham but Didcot has and has always been one of the biggest shitholes i have unfortunately had to visit and i,m sure the locals will keep it as shitty as possible.

Kind regards,

R M