Snow joke...

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by BinaryWarfare, Jan 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Amazing. A couple of inches of snow in Blandford, and half the instructors have gone home for fear of being "stranded". :roll:

What kind of example is this setting to the sprogs? We had snow all the time on exercise in Germany. You just wrap up warm, drive carefully, and crack on. Not give up at the first sign of slightly uncomfortable weather. :x

2. I'm sat in my office on me own, and my internet speed is well fast now. Am i going home? am i bollox, the kids have just had a fortnight off, and i am buggered if i'm going to spend the afternoon making bloody snowmen. Brew on i think

3. Global fxxxing warming? Not in this part of the universe. It's cold and the snow has just stopped. I know we had snow in Germany, Boxing Day to mid-March in 1986 in Berlin but the authorities could deal with it. Here in the soft Sarf, they haven't a scooby.

I'll be on my way soon as. Watch my tracer.

4. Sack em and give me a job

5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Thats not a job, its a hobby for those who cannot find proper employment...

6. I found it funny doing Op Granby training in Wilders in three foot of snow, laughing on the flight ot Saudi about the difference in temp, only for it to snow there for the first time in 30 years.

Since the beginning of December the local councils here in SE Kent have gone on about how they are prepared and ready for inclement weather, now it is here everything grinds to a halt!

7. Since when did civil servants worry about setting an example?

8. Here we go again bash the civil servants. F**k sake. I am based in Germany and yes most of us live on camp but we are all in snow or no bloody snow. Some of us were in over Xmas too, no 2 week stand down for us.

When I was in UK (civil service for 15 years) I do not know of any civvies who stayed off work because of the weather.

9. This civil servant has made it to work and home again no matter what the weather has thrown at me. People are too bloody soft these days! ;)

10. I was in Maidstone when it snowed (about Easter 05 IIRC). Place went rigid for a bit, and then everybody crashed :roll:

No gritting prior, and hardly any done after du to roads being full of static cars.

11. Good man!

12. Oh the pain of duty free cars, low fuel and light charges and MwsT.

13. My Hero :wink:

14. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Does he not get a medal for that, or does it have to be three weeks?

15. Thanks. :)