Snow falling in the Alps in January

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This must be a valid subject for CA as it is a main story on the BBC! :rolleyes:

FFS it snows in the Alps every fecking winter, what makes this such important news that it takes several minutes in the news bulletin with a BBC correspondent reporting? I hope that the reporter did her voice-over in a BBC studio from footage supplied by the local TV station in Innsbruck.

Still, I suppose we should look on the bright side, the report did not name or blame the "B" word! o_O

This must be a valid subject for CA as it is a main story on the BBC! :rolleyes:

FFS it snows in the Alps every fecking winter, what makes this such important news that it takes several minutes in the news bulletin with a BBC correspondent reporting? I hope that the reporter did her voice-over in a BBC studio from footage supplied by the local TV station in Innsbruck.

Still, I suppose we should look on the bright side, the report did not name or blame the "B" word! o_O
Might have something to do with seven people dying over the weekend.

At least seven people have died in the Alps during a weekend of heavy snow, with skiers facing a high avalanche risk in Austria, Germany and Italy.

Two separate avalanches killed two German skiers in Austria's Vorarlberg mountains. A third skier died in Pongau district, near Salzburg.

In Bavaria, a skier died when a tree collapsed near Bad Tölz. An avalanche killed a young woman in Bavaria's Teisenberg mountains.

Two climbers died in the Italian Alps.

A mountain rescue team found their bodies in the area of 2,800m (9,186ft) Mt Cristalliera, in the Alps north of Turin.

Rescuers are searching for several missing people elsewhere in the Alps.

The second-highest avalanche warning level is now in force across the Austrian Tyrol and in much of the Bavarian Alps.

Skiers have been warned to avoid any off-piste skiing, and many mountain roads have been closed because of the avalanche risk.
Seven die in massive Alps snowfall