Snow+Drivers=Chaos!

Why is it in the UK we get some snow and the roads grind to a halt?
Yes i know we dont expect it in March or it's the wrong snow falling?
But surely we can at least keep main motorways working?

Why is it in the UK we get some snow and the roads grind to a halt?
Yes i know we dont expect it in March or it's the wrong snow falling?
But surely we can at least keep main motorways working?
After relaying stories of how poorly the UK copes with bad weather, I was shocked to discover that the same applies in parts of the US that you'd expect to be on top of it.

Unsalted roads + drivers who think they're invincible = chaos on a scale I've never seen in the UK.

Everyone on the road these days is a complete and incompetent cunt......... except me.

You might not be too bad...... what do you drive, and is it anywhere near me?

C

cloudbuster

A complete no-fly day at Aberdeen, so I get another night of unbridled sobriety and Arrse/Pprune/Mumsnet.

Smashing.

why is it, every time snows we get asked this very same question?

My faviroute is being stuck behind a bellend that when they hit snow and start wheel spinning at 20mph they seem to think stopping and putting it in 1st is the right thing to do, then they seem get get all confused why it won't fucking magic it's way through the snow!

Snow. I laff at it. ;-)

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
A complete no-fly day at Aberdeen, so I get another night of unbridled sobriety and Arrse/Pprune/Mumsnet.

Smashing.
Serves you right for going to Scotland. Fucking Scotch shithole what it is. But since you are at a loose end this evening, ask Fairy_Nuff if she has ever considered weird sex with a dismal old pervert? Tell her you are asking on behalf of a mate. Tell her your mate is heli-ready and can be up hers in under two hours.

Report back.

C

cloudbuster

Serves you right for going to Scotland. Fucking Scotch shithole what it is. But since you are at a loose end this evening, ask Fairy_Nuff if she has ever considered weird sex with a dismal old pervert? Tell her you are asking on behalf of a mate. Tell her your mate is heli-ready and can be up hers in under two hours.

Report back.
You're in Sunderland, right?

Jonnie foreigner is not better at driving than us, they just have better rules on tyres. My brother lives in Austria, has a BMW 3 series, wangs it up and down snow covered mountains with its winter boots on. Whereas, I've had BMW's for over 10 years and after a couple of years looking at em covered in snow - going nowhere, when everyone else is driving around... threw the towel in and bought a new Fiasco - added all the extras from new, nice little car and comfy and cheap as chips to run and... without having to spend a couple of k on new boots and rubber... goes in the snow too.

The secret is............................winter tyres!

It's so fucking simple,all these 'wunnerful',low profile,superwide tyres,are meant for one thing........displacing water,and giving you shitloads of grip,on dry roads !

On snow,and ice they 'float',no grip........oops.

Get a crappy set of steel rims (that fit your car),go on EBay,and buy a set of the correct winter/mud and snow tyres,when it snows,spend 10 minutes changing your wheels,and tyres,simples!

They might look stupid on your very expensive,pseudo 4x4,but at least you're less likely to get stuck! o_O

It's not what you have - it's what sort of tires you have on it and how you do drive which makes all the difference. I regularly drive my 300hp+ RWD car without any issues back in MI. 4WD doesn't make an ounce of difference if you have performance rubber on it.

Latest Threads