Snlr wrongly on discharge papers

Troy

LE
My partner previously served and as been out nearly 3 years but recently decided he wanted to join the military guards since going back through his application he has been told that on his discharge information it says he was snlr which my partner is totally shocked about because he signed off due to us expecting a baby and had a great final write up from the army so we can’t understand why this has been put on his records or what it even means. My partner was a great member of the army and never got into any trouble so shocked why its there and how we can get it taken off.

Don't panic. SLNR is simply an Administrative term, meaning "OK then he's not strictly required, so he can go" more or less. It isn't the worse case, not at all. There is another term; "Not Required For Further Army Service" which he would have gotten had there been some complaint about him.
Another worse term is/was, "Discharged with ignominy" or "Discharge in Disgrace" but I'm not current with this and it might not be used anymore.

CC_TA

LE
However as I have found out, the Certificate of Discharge is often riddled with errors, but there is a review procedure through JPAC. But it will take months and you have to submit certified copies of necessary documentation to demonstrate the correct entries.

Me waiting in top corridor listening to a Cfn getting briefed up by the RCMO.

RCMO: "Certificates of Discharge are checked, double checked and triple checked, final copies are exactly that; FINAL! There won't be any re-pints as there won't be any mistakes."

Cfn: "But..."

RCMO: "Don't f**cking 'BUT' me Cpl!"

Cfn: "SIR; there are two different ranks, names and numbers in the body of the text that are different to my rank, name and number!"

RCMO: "Why didn't you check this Cpl 'T'?"

Cfn: "I'm Cfn 'M' Sir."

RCMO ears start to steam. :)

Does your postcode start with “CO”?
Why
He was allowed to leave slightly early because he had holiday entitlement but only by a few weeks
Don't panic. SLNR is simply an Administrative term, meaning "OK then he's not strictly required, so he can go" more or less. It isn't the worse case, not llall. There is another term; "Not Required For Further Army Service" which he would have gotten had there been some complaint about him.
Another worse term is/was, "Discharged with ignominy" or "Discharge in Disgrace" but I'm not current with this and it might not be used anymore.
He was
Don't panic. SLNR is simply an Administrative term, meaning "OK then he's not strictly required, so he can go" more or less. It isn't the worse case, not at all. There is another term; "Not Required For Further Army Service" which he would have gotten had there been some complaint about him.
He just decided to leave he wasn’t made to leave or asked to leave he just signed off served his 12 months notice period and left did all the final interviews you do when going through the leaving procedure did the medical and dentals that you need to do. But I don’t know what the discharge papers look like to see what was written on them the only pap art work he received was a certificate of service that had a write up about him and something with all the qualifications and training he has done whilst serving. It says on the top of the certificate if service exemplary

This doesn’t stack up.
I think some useful advice has been given; you are just gainsaying.
Have a chat with ‘he’ and see where you want to go.
Lots of great jobs out there, perhaps the military isn’t for ‘he’.
All the best for the future.

Me waiting in top corridor listening to a Cfn getting briefed up by the RCMO.

RCMO: "Certificates of Discharge are checked, double checked and triple checked, final copies are exactly that; FINAL! There won't be any re-pints as there won't be any mistakes."

Cfn: "But..."

RCMO: "Don't f**cking 'BUT' me Cpl!"

Cfn: "SIR; there are two different ranks, names and numbers in the body of the text that are different to my rank, name and number!"

RCMO: "Why didn't you check this Cpl 'T'?"

Cfn: "I'm Cfn 'M' Sir."

RCMO ears start to steam. :)
I'm afraid the Army doesn't exactly lead from the front when it comes to routine administration of personnel. As I related a year or so ago on another thread, the advice and guidance I received from the Green-led support unit when I was advised of my medical discharge was wrong: incorrect calculation of my last day in Service (by several months!); incorrect advice on on-going access to medical treatment; cancellation of on-going access to CEA; deferment of resettlement until I was well enough to participate; correction of errors on my draft Certificate of Discharge etc. It wasn't until I was posted for final clearance purposes to a local RAF unit where the Chf Clk looked at my discharge paperwork, convened a multi-disciplinary team and pronounced that the what I had been told and what had been done (or omitted) was 'typical' of an Army unit. Again, the RAF retained me long enough to ensure everything was sorted out (and I could complete my medical treatment) rather than the Army's "right, let's get rid of these malingerers" approach. It has also taken me about two years to correct the errors on my Certificate of Discharge, such as ensuring I had the LSGCM(RAF)* - rather than the Army one - and a foreign award correctly entered, and that I had attended Staff college!

Last edited: