Snlr wrongly on discharge papers

My partner previously served and as been out nearly 3 years but recently decided he wanted to join the military guards since going back through his application he has been told that on his discharge information it says he was snlr which my partner is totally shocked about because he signed off due to us expecting a baby and had a great final write up from the army so we can’t understand why this has been put on his records or what it even means. My partner was a great member of the army and never got into any trouble so shocked why its there and how we can get it taken off.

My partner previously served and as been out nearly 3 years but recently decided he wanted to join the military guards since going back through his application he has been told that on his discharge information it says he was snlr which my partner is totally shocked about because he signed off due to us expecting a baby and had a great final write up from the army so we can’t understand why this has been put on his records or what it even means. My partner was a great member of the army and never got into any trouble so shocked why its there and how we can get it taken off.
Services No Longer Required, a type of Admin discharge. You don't give any info about why he was discharged apart from the vague 'signed off due to us expecting a baby'. What does that mean, was he approaching end of service and didn't want to sign on for longer?

Services No Longer Required, a type of Admin discharge. You don't give any info about why he was discharged apart from the vague 'signed off due to us expecting a baby'. What does that mean, was he approaching end of service and didn't want to sign on for longer?

No need to PM me, you're asking a question in an open forum and I'm trying to help but other people may have more experience with this particular issue. With that said what you told me was that he PVR'd (Premature Voluntary Retirement). I would have said that the only option to discharge would be SNLR, he no longer wished to serve.

I don’t know why it’s been put at that other then wanting to leave early that’s th only thing he did so now with that being on his papers it’s making it difficult for him to rejoin as it looks bad for him being on his papers

Did your partner get a Certificate of Discharge? That will give the stark facts. If he requested and Early Termination of his service (the term that replaced PVR) he left at his own request not SNLR.

As said above SNLR is often reserved for admin burdens and under performing personnel and is a term used by the Services and not the individual.

However as I have found out, the Certificate of Discharge is often riddled with errors, but there is a review procedure through JPAC. But it will take months and you have to submit certified copies of necessary documentation to demonstrate the correct entries.

Did your partner get a Certificate of Discharge? That will give the stark facts. If he requested and Early Termination of his service (the term that replaced PVR) he left at his own request not SNLR.
My bad! I'm an old duffer from the days when the saying was going around "Don't buy a wi fi, don't buy a car, save all your money and PVR!"
PVR'd myself, although circumstances were a bit different, I was signed on to age 55 but put my papers in after 24 years.

My bad! I'm an old duffer from the days when the saying was going around "Don't buy a wi fi, don't buy a car, save all your money and PVR!"
PVR'd myself, although circumstances were a bit different, I was signed on to age 55 but put my papers in after 24 years.
The term changed about 12 years ago but is still widely in use. I've posted elsewhere on the absolute importance of checking discharge paperwork before the pay stops. Medals and professional qualifications not listed, two overseas tours missing etc etc.

Have you applied for a copy of his service records? This is a free service and any service personnel can request a complete copy of their records. Might be worth a shot.

How long did he serve for?

How long was it between when he told you he was going to leave and when he actually left?

Face the facts, the Army decided that he was a waste of space, irrespective of what he has told you.
I think you're all being very cynical! Having a baby is an excellent reason for leaving the Forces, I would want to be trying to find a new job and somewhere to live at that time. This chap sounds like a model soldier but who wants to gain promotion and extra money with a new baby around?

How long did he serve for?

How long was it between when he told you he was going to leave and when he actually left?
He had to give 12 months notice from when he signed off on something called jpa or something like that called the 3 clicks of signing off

I think you're all being very cynical! Having a baby is an excellent reason for leaving the Forces, I would want to be trying to find a new job and somewhere to live at that time. This chap sounds like a model soldier but who wants to gain promotion and extra money with a new baby around?
The promotion bored had just come
Out when he was about to signing off which was also a part of the reason he left because he didn’t pick up and also having a baby.

He had to give 12 months notice from when he signed off on something called jpa or something like that called the 3 clicks of signing off

Did he do those twelve months?

Does your postcode start with “CO”?

Queens Regulations lists all the ways a soldier leaves the army. These are not a state secret, so search for them. Then X-reference against the AF B108.
If wrong, apply to get it changed.
Otherwise, accept that some Service is no Longer Required, and move on.
If he signed off and worked his notice, he would not be SNLR.

Latest Threads