SNIPER

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by LUKEC69, Jan 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AS SOME OF YOU KNOW I CANNOT JOIN YET DUE TO A RECENT RECORD BUT WAS WONDERING ABOUT A CAREER AS A SNIPER I HAVE HEARD YOU HAVE TO BE INFANTRY THEN YOU CAN APPLY FOR IT I HAVE ALSO HEARD JOIN STRIGHT AWAY ANY INFO APPRECIATED

2. no you can't join as one. it's a course you do when you've been in a while.

3. I don't think you'd make a good sniper to be honest. ALL THAT SHOUTING WILL GIVE YOUR POSITION AWAY YOU PILLOCK.

A comprehensive grasp of the use of grammar would be advantageous also.

4. Do you have a police record?

5. Why are you shouting?

After joining your Bn you can then apply but do not be surprised when you section commander tells you to ***********. Being able to shoot is only a very small part of the job. Your other skills must be of the highest standard and your battle field perception must be excellent as you are also used for forward recce and OP work. If you ever are selected for the task you must pass a very hard course which has a high level of failure due to the high standards required.

Look to becoming a grade one soldier first.

6. why don't you read his other posts for the background? :)

7. That's why you work in Intel CR! ;)

8. I was wondering if he had 'Ghost in the Machine' and how much he'd be willing to part with it for.

9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

FFS sake don't tell him that, he might give us a briefing!!!!!!!!!

10. that's a computer company you hairy ringpiece :)

11. Dell is better :thumright:

12. I'm wondering if LUKEC69 actually knows what a snipers job entails. I'm the first to admit after 15 years in the army I only know what the 9 mile snipers do. reading a few of the posts by hopefuls I think the ACIO staff must hand out rose coloured glasses at the beginning of the first interview. The infantry is bloody hard work (I started my time in the infantry) but like all the other arms it has it's rewards the main one being comradeship.

13. Its like asking a Marx Brother "how do I get to Carnegie Hall?". Join up first and find out what you're good at.

PS I'm not a sniper and my real name's not Bob.

14. The sniper course is a very hard course. Luke69, if and when you get selected and pass then I'll be one of the first to congratulate you.

BT

15. cheerz sorry about the capps i was at a friends and was on way out! thanks for posts needs to be looked into bit more i think.