Sniper sniped?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by donmac, Feb 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Now that is ironic

... .... .. -

2. He should have been shot before writing his book, as it was absolute shite.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clearly you weren't the only one to think that...

• Like Like x 3
  4. As this is not the NAAFI, I think the comments thus far on this thread are out of line regardless of the literary quality of his book (I mean look at Bravo 20 as an example of what you attribute to the late Chief Kyle). A brave man has been murdered and does not warrant NAAFI treatment.

For those who may actually have been in harm's away and appreciate what the Chief accomplished, here is a thread of a different and in my view more appropriate tenor:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/us/193986-ex-seal-sniperand-author-american-sniper-apparently-murdered-ptsd-sufferer.html

• Like Like x 14
  5. It was a really bad book though.

6. I liked him in interview, dont care about his book. Sad news, RIP.

7. Strange I still see no humor at this moment.....just call me old fashioned.

• Like Like x 6
  8. If you write a book about your time as a sniper, and openly claim to have killed 255 enemy whilst working as a sniper, surely it cannot have come as a great surprise that someone, quite possibly from or with sympathies with that same enemy, decided to shoot him?

9. Have you read who shot him Sherlock?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

got it but not read it so cant comment on how his book compared to the life of bob lee swagger, its still a shame that he should die at the hands of someone deranged by the wars he excelled in. especially when he was trying to help the guy who shot him

300 odd million guns and probably close to a million vets out there all ticking timebombs - america really should be worried about it. vietnam vets if they couldn't cope went and lived in the woods, the current batch seem to be liable to be more extrovert in their actions.

RIP.

11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

12. Proceeds from the sale of his book went to US Forces charities.

A terrible tragedy all round - the shooter was clearly not in his right mind.

• Like Like x 1

13. Stop posting bollocks and read the news articles

• Like Like x 1