Sniper One by Dan Mills

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Wasanig, Oct 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All

you have to read this, it is the best account of conflict/pressure/squaddie sense of humour/comradeship you will ever read. Very Very highly recommend it.

2. It's on my christmas wish list, was going to buy it myself, but she is minted and I am skint,
    Roll on christmas

3. Read it in 3 days, for a nano second wanted to join back up. Then i headbutted the wall to knock some sense into me.....

4. Nah. Don't bother spending your cash on it.

Not really bad - you finish it knowing his story, but there are much better ways to spend a tenner - like 3 Para, A Soldier's Song, Dusty Warriors, Desert of Death, Forgotten Soldier, Quartered Safe Out Here etc - the list is very long.

Get it from a library.

Charlie

5. Don't listen to C_C.

I've just finished it, and it was entertaining. The army humour shone through and it made no attempts to glorify or exaggerate any of the details, unlike some "first hand" accounts tend to.
    Not PC ,no bigging it up, just a plain story from the point of view of a man who was there, getting on with the job.

The one thing that struck me was how lucky the battle group was considering the amount of fire they received.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

6. Bought Sniper One and 3 Para at the same time and really enjoyed both.

7. It really is good, albeit short.

All in all, an easy, quick and thoroughly enjoyable read.

8. I was the same. Wondered how many will join up after reading it?