Sniper Kite

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by EX_STAB, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is this available?

It's the set up where the Image Intensifier mounts in front of the dayscope. I presume it could be switched between different rifles without a problem.

2. Available for who?

3. For "shooting sports" :D

4. Deben do a civvie version if yer wallet has no bounds :D

Deben linky

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Talk to biped!

6. Here you go. Manufactured in th UK. You should have no problem purchasing it within the UK so long as you ask to have an XD4 or XD5 auto-gating tube fitted instead of the Gen III. The tubes are every bit as good as Gen III and for civilian use are often better (especially if you have street lamps around which have a habit of flaring out Gen III tubes. T

Cost a shed load mind!

http://www.qioptiq.co.uk/Data/Documents/QUK%20SniperKITE%20D-SHEET.pdf

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Has CWS moved on since introduction in 1987? I certainly thought is was ok then but compared to today surely it is dated?

8. The outside has changed little but there is still sufficient development with the inside bits to keep it ahead of the game for a decade or so

Attached Files:

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I do recall feeling the "COP is better than Rifle Coy" feeling when we got them to go on the L85A1's and the poor lads got the IWS and rail instead!
    I seem to recall that they replaced a similar item we (COP) had for the ARs which was a tad chunkier but as short in length!

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Thank you Ugly.

There is a reasonably good day-scope mounting NV scope called the PS22 available for £2,000.

At this time, there are 3 different tubes available for the device that ATN are allowed to export to the rest fo the world - their top Gen 2+ tube ain't one of them.

You've got a basic tube, which is sh!t, a medium tube which is better, and the CGTI which is the Customer Grade Tube 'International', which is the best that's allowed out of the US.

Deben don't put that tube in their PS22. We DO sell a PS22 with the better tube in, and we do it for the same price if anyone wants one. I'll have one in stock next week, and I'll be trialling it before flogging it to one lucky stalker.

As for the Kite Sniper - I don't think we can have that yet, firstly, because we could't afford it due to the Tube being top-spec Gen 3, and secondly, because it's still current issue.

If anyone wants to come and check out the PS22 that I hope to have this week, lemme know by PM.

11. The Dutch made XD4 and XD5 tubes are easily on a par with Gen II and Gen III and do not require an end-user licence. There are many advantages to them, especilly the XD5 which has an automatic iris which closes doen if excess light enters the device. If you are wealthy enough Quioptiq will sell you anything on their current infantry weapon sight list, except for the thermal site (although I know a few people who blagged end user licences for a top gen hensoldt device so you could always have a go)!

Give them a ring if you have a hard on for the Kite stuff. Personally not a big fan of ATN, having heard rumours of the sites being fitted with short-hour tubes. No matter how american they look the gear is mostly Russian in origin IIRC

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Perhaps we need to section 5?

13. A Forestry Commission contract for a cull in Scotland should do it

14. I've seen Maxikites at Starlight starting at £6000. That is new with XD4 tubes. It is about two years since I last looked