Sniper Ghost Warrior

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Dennis48, Jul 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone started playing this game yet? If they have how the feck do you do a Save when playing in the singleplayer mode. At the moment I have to go right back to the beginning and start again.

2. Dennis,

You can only "save" once you have had a girlfriend (a real one not a cyber product), drank alcohol in a real bar and punched another male in the face.

Sadly you will never be able to "save".

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

there no manual or .readme file on the disc?

4. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, so go feck yerself you retard.

5. how is the game? was thinking of getting it but had no idea how it was

6. 3 Guesses how you got an O2 Tag.

Dennis, is it on a console or on the PC?

7. Got it on PC, it's not a patch on Bad Company or Modern Warfare it'll do tilll the next MOH and Black Ops come out. You tend to play it a lot slower, the graphics aren't too bad and if you like potting people in the head with a sniper rifle then it's right up your street. Only problem is the save function, because it gets a bit monotonous having to go over the same ground again. One plus point was that it was £19.99 about £15 cheaper than the mainstream game manufacters.

8. Dennis48, my advice is to post a question on how to save on the Gamespot Forum.

( Click Here )

You might need to sign up first.

9. Thanks Arrow will give it a try.

10. I picked this up from a lad in the pub last night. £30. I must have been off my head, even though I'd only had a pint!

I took it home and stuck it in the Xbox, eagerly awaiting what I was sure, would be a brilliant game. I'm still waiting. It's absolutely terrible! I've had to re-start the game six or seven times, mostly from getting stuck behind boulders or simply the game just freezing. I also love how the enemy seem to detect me crawling through the long grass as slow as a Snail, despite them being about 100m away!

Okay, the Sniping system works and the bullet-cam whenever you get a headshot, is a nice touch but thats about it really. I'd go trade it in at CeX or GAME but no doubt I'd get less than half of what I paid for it. That lad must have thought his birthdays had all come at once!

11. i don't know what you mean about the save function. i was able to save whenever i wanted. you have something like 5 quicksave slots and about 8 normal save slots, IIRC - all of which can be overwritten.

and as for those who complain about being spotted / slotted too easily - well, that's what the visibility meter is for. if you do something and it starts rising, you need to get back in cover. pretty simple really.

i finished it on very hard (so you don't get a red dot telling you where your round will go) and really enjoyed it. it lacks polish and finishes so abruptly that you will burst out laughing, but anybody who enjoys sniping in a game will like it.

12. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

For those who, like me, were tempted by this but couldn't bring themselves to spend £20-30 on the title, it is now available on Steam for £5 for one day only.

13. I hope you haven't put your order in Bruno, its 'orrible.

**** A.I. Awful sneaky beaky options and very clunky.

It's one redeeming feature is the satisfaction of following your rounds from muzzle to face when you score a long range head shot. Unfortunately even then the ******* do a stupid backflip that ruins the moment.