Sniper apology

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by catramble, Sep 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I seem to have set the cat amongst the pigeons, ( perhaps that should be hawks) with my contributions to the previous sniper topic.

That was not my intention, for which I am truly sorry and beg your collective pardon.

I was replying to a poster who wished a long and lingering death for the sniper involved and was hoping for an informed debate on the moral and ethical issues involved in using snipers. Instead it developed into an abusive spat, which I regret.

I cannnot of course apolgise for the abusive posters, who prolonged the post far beyond its natural life span

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Hmm I just read through the thread and you do come across as a bit of a c0ck. Almost like svens alter ego.

3. No need to apologise though. Fair comment I thought.

4. Ord Sgt,

I have looked for the thread and came up wanting. Sorry to be a pain but could you chuck up a link?

MWA

5. Still, how many members come back and say "sorry" when they have been an arrse? That has to be worth a lot :D

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

7. Catramble,

Having read through the thread you seemed to be ok until you got to the 3rd page then lost it.

Lesson learned I guess, aplogy accepted, dont feck up again.

8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I don't know - after the original and it must be said, fair first comment, there were a couple of comments out of order but there were some right precious comments coming from others that were OTT too.

PS - The Cad - PMT or a continual raging anger at the world? He seems a little out of sorts lately.

9. I suspect an immigrant has just been promoted over The Cad's head. That would explain his spleen against anybody who isn't him or his mates. :D

10. ... mates? :twisted:

11. Just read the 5 pages on this subject and am now under the impression that CATRAMBLE is a C0CK.

I hope you talk like this with your "friends" in the pub and are overheard by some soldiers out for the night - they will re-adjust your attitude you BELLEND.

12. Yep. Tend to agree.

Merely posting an apology doesnt excuse the fact catramble is a terrorist sympathiser.

Sandal wearing hippy.

13. Agreed.

14. Was going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

But then I saw this link you posted on another thread: http://warnewstoday.blogspot.com/index.html

Have you come on here with some sort of an agenda?

Edited* Mods, I think we have an O2 thief here.

15. So many people jumped on catramble for his comment, rightly or wrongly, and made personal comments regarding sexuality, mental state, etc.
    What did make me smile was one comment in particular, it was something about allowing freedom of speech on this site rant rant rant.
    Either we let people air their views, however obnoxious we find them, or we allow the site be dominated by bullying tactics.
    Await flak