Sniper apology

I seem to have set the cat amongst the pigeons, ( perhaps that should be hawks) with my contributions to the previous sniper topic.

That was not my intention, for which I am truly sorry and beg your collective pardon.

I was replying to a poster who wished a long and lingering death for the sniper involved and was hoping for an informed debate on the moral and ethical issues involved in using snipers. Instead it developed into an abusive spat, which I regret.

I cannnot of course apolgise for the abusive posters, who prolonged the post far beyond its natural life span

Hmm I just read through the thread and you do come across as a bit of a c0ck. Almost like svens alter ego.

Ord_Sgt said:
Hmm I just read through the thread and you do come across as a bit of a c0ck. Almost like svens alter ego.
Still, how many members come back and say "sorry" when they have been an arrse? That has to be worth a lot :D

I don't know - after the original and it must be said, fair first comment, there were a couple of comments out of order but there were some right precious comments coming from others that were OTT too.

PS - The Cad - PMT or a continual raging anger at the world? He seems a little out of sorts lately.

in_the_cheapseats said:
PS - The Cad - PMT or a continual raging anger at the world? He seems a little out of sorts lately.
I suspect an immigrant has just been promoted over The Cad's head. That would explain his spleen against anybody who isn't him or his mates. :D

BB51

Old-Salt
Just read the 5 pages on this subject and am now under the impression that CATRAMBLE is a C0CK.

I hope you talk like this with your "friends" in the pub and are overheard by some soldiers out for the night - they will re-adjust your attitude you BELLEND.

BB51 said:
Just read the 5 pages on this subject and am now under the impression that CATRAMBLE is a C0CK.

I hope you talk like this with your "friends" in the pub and are overheard by some soldiers out for the night - they will re-adjust your attitude you BELLEND.

Yep. Tend to agree.

Merely posting an apology doesnt excuse the fact catramble is a terrorist sympathiser.

Sandal wearing hippy.

in_the_cheapseats said:
I don't know - after the original and it must be said, fair first comment, there were a couple of comments out of order but there were some right precious comments coming from others that were OTT too.
Agreed.

So many people jumped on catramble for his comment, rightly or wrongly, and made personal comments regarding sexuality, mental state, etc.
What did make me smile was one comment in particular, it was something about allowing freedom of speech on this site rant rant rant.
Either we let people air their views, however obnoxious we find them, or we allow the site be dominated by bullying tactics.
Await flak

DemsMaShoes said:
So many people jumped on catramble for his comment, rightly or wrongly, and made personal comments regarding sexuality, mental state, etc.
What did make me smile was one comment in particular, it was something about allowing freedom of speech on this site rant rant rant.
Either we let people air their views, however obnoxious we find them, or we allow the site be dominated by bullying tactics.
Await flak

People are pretty free to air their opinions on here but if their opinions are bollocks, its everyones right to tell them so.

Bully tactics? Everyone is equal on here and is armed with two things. A brain and a keyboard. Couldnt be fairer really.

paleblue_1 said:
amazing__lobster said:
Was going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

But then I saw this link you posted on another thread: http://warnewstoday.blogspot.com/index.html

Have you come on here with some sort of an agenda?

Edited* Mods, I think we have an O2 thief here.
Which thread exatly? It would be good to have a look before passing judgement.....
This thread:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=1391574.html#1391574

Maybe the link was ok in the opinion of others, but it appears anti-US/UK to me.

I'd forgotten about that link, but yes I did post it - in response to somebody who wanted Iraq links. As I recall, I made no comment about it, merely passed it on as it seemed fairly detailed. I hadn't considered it to be particularly anti-american - just factual

For those who are interested, I think it came as a link from the Craig Murray site

No, I don't have an agenda as you put it, though I would like all our troops to come home PDQ and make no apology for being just a little anti-american government

Latest Threads