Sniffle season

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mwl946, Dec 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

2. Hot rum toddy
  3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Wickedly hot curry. Clears the sinuses very fast.
  4. Large amounts of curry to clear the tubes and give you fuel to fight the disease, hot toddy to help you ignore the symptoms; soak in as hot a bath as you can stand for a bit; then straight to bed for 10 hours gonk.

None of this pissing about 'Oh I'm so ill I can't do anything' for me. Just get it over with and get on with things.
  5. A good curry works for me. Or a whiskey honey and lemon. Or a small glass of port is good at waking you up for the day in the morning!
  6. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Ah, whisky, honey and lemon. My aunt's excellent throat remedy with the addition of a spoonful of glycerine. I well remember her lining up the children to take their medicine, and the Dads and older (RN) cousins joining the line!

Not sure it had any medical benefits, but by 'eck it cheered us up!!!!
  7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Seconded - and your arrse ends up more painful than your head so you forget about it :D
  8. Move to a warmer climate? It cracked 30 degrees C here today.

Only problem I had was avoiding skin cancer at the pool on base 8)
  9. mwl946

Port in the MORNING?????????
  10. mwl946

Sod' bleedin' law!!!

Off to have a hot curry, paracetamol, hot rum/whisky toddy (with or without honey and lemon) and an early night......................looks like I was tempting fate :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

11. CS clears the nasal cavities.A bit tricky on the tube though.
  12. Lemsip, rum (or buchu brandy if you can get it), honey and lemon juice. Bung in two aspirin and top up with hot water. Into the scratcher early and sleep as long as you can. Reckon a good night's kip is the best start to kicking the snots.
  13. I heard a bit of bumming down irvine beach does the trick "apparently"