Sniffing and monitoring WLAN

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I'm trying to download some freeware software that will do all of the above. I am basically trying to generate data packets and tx them between 2 laptops set up on an ad-hoc WLAN.

I then intend to measure the resutls with a Vector Signal Analyser before running different scenarios altering different parameters.

If anyone can help, throw any help assistance or light on the subject I would be most grateful.

THanks

11D

On the offchance that you've not decided how to generate packets, and you're using a unix(alike), may I recommend Netcat or similar? A Windows version does exist, but I don't know how to generate large amounts of data from it..

11D said:
I wonder if anyone can help me.

I'm trying to download some freeware software that will do all of the above. I am basically trying to generate data packets and tx them between 2 laptops set up on an ad-hoc WLAN.

I then intend to measure the resutls with a Vector Signal Analyser before running different scenarios altering different parameters.

If anyone can help, throw any help assistance or light on the subject I would be most grateful.

THanks

11D
Also, try and get a card that supports packet injection.