Sneering at fat people.

Yokel

LE
It's something that I've referred to several times, too.

Cooking has become a middle-class sport. The 'working-class'* eat processed crap.

Half of the reason for obesity is that people eat nutrient-poor energy-rich food. So they're fat but malnourished all at the same time.

There was a report on the news a year or two back about small children turning up for their first day at school and not even being potty-trained. The usual apologists blamed the 'stresses' of modern life.

Frankly, that's rubbish.

And so it is with food. The idea that people are 'too busy' to cook is fair when directed at those working 70-odd hours a week. It's not when it's people sitting at home all day.

I wonder what's in the boxes in that picture above. I wonder also what will be made of the contents.

*Those on social security.

That is a huge generalisation, but a lot of it applies to a lot of people. How much are people disempowered by celebrity cooking programmes, and think they could never achieve anything?

Simple but tasty meals are possible. I fear that this is another symptom of people no longer having the initiative to do things for themselves.

It's something that I've referred to several times, too.

Cooking has become a middle-class sport. The 'working-class'* eat processed crap.

Half of the reason for obesity is that people eat nutrient-poor energy-rich food. So they're fat but malnourished all at the same time.

There was a report on the news a year or two back about small children turning up for their first day at school and not even being potty-trained. The usual apologists blamed the 'stresses' of modern life.

Frankly, that's rubbish.

And so it is with food. The idea that people are 'too busy' to cook is fair when directed at those working 70-odd hours a week. It's not when it's people sitting at home all day.

I wonder what's in the boxes in that picture above. I wonder also what will be made of the contents.

*Those on social security.
The money earn selling them fresh veg and fruit and a bit of meat, the stuff for a healthy diet, isn't there though. To make decent money you need them buying up and continuing to buy your microwave meals, the processed crap and snacks oh God lots of snacks.

They’ll tell you they have a ‘overactive’ thyroid, what a load of bollox, what they both have is overactive fuking teeth
No one can cheat conservation of mass. If your body is heavier than it was yesterday then you've put more food in than your body got rid of. Anything more complicated than that is someone making excuses or trying to sell a diet book/plan/app/lifestyle.

That is a huge generalisation, but a lot of it applies to a lot of people. How much are people disempowered by celebrity cooking programmes, and think they could never achieve anything?

Simple but tasty meals are possible. I fear that this is another symptom of people no longer having the initiative to do things for themselves.
I reckon more people are encouraged to try cooking by the food stuff on TV than are put off by it.

As for your second point, definitely. It's not as if it takes a huge amount of effort to stick some sausages in the oven, boil and squash some potatoes and put some peas in the microwave. Half an hour later you've done sausage and mash for 4 people quicker and cheaper than 1 delivered pizza.

Mrs Ancient works in promoting healthy life style in South Wales ( a job for life and utterly wasted effort as she freely admits) as part of her NHS stuff.

Her belief is that part of the obesity problem here is that daughters cook what their mums cooked.

And whilst the high starch, high calorie diet was needed when the men worked down the pit or in the iron works or the slate quarry, it isn’t now. Yet they still eat the same food but have largely sedentary life styles.

Certainly on company lunches that I’ve had to attend I’m amazed by how much these men can pack away: thousands of calories at one sitting. Yet they consider it normal and think me strange for my 32” waist.

I’m surprised half of the lardy biffettes that you see waddling about haven’t got frost bitten noses, judging by the amount of time they must have their snouts pointed into the fridge.

The only exercise they get is bending down to reach into the salad draw, that now become the chocolate store.

giatttt

War Hero

We had a rota at home. One child took
Dog to the park, one did the breakfast dishes, and one made sandwiches for lunch.

We started that when the youngest was in p3 and the oldest in p6. They are all now accomplished cooks - 20 years on. Not a fatty amongst them.

They’ll tell you they have a ‘overactive’ thyroid, what a load of bollox, what they both have is overactive fuking teeth
They have problems with their feet...

...they keep carrying them to the fridge.

Badoomtish, I'm here all week folks.

It's easy, got some veg to be used throw it in a frying pan, add soy sauce, you've got a stir fry, even better with a bit of chicken leftovers etc in the fridge

Cooking doesn't have to be complicated, just using up what's lying around can do, not poncy food that involves ingredients that aren't usually in your kitchen, samphire my arrse....not everyone has weird foodstuffs just lying around

Last edited:
It's easy, got some veg to be used throw it in a frying pan, add soy sauce, you've got a stir fry, even bit with a bit of chicken leftovers etc in the fridge

Cooking doesn't have to be complicated, just using up what's lying around can do, not poncy food that involves ingredients that aren't usually in your kitchen, samphire my arrse....not everyone has weird foodstuffs just lying around
This.
I had a look in the freezer last night to see what was there. Swmbo has frozen a batch of mash she'd cooked, there's frozen fish.. Voila.. I'll cook a fish pie for dinner tonight. With the prep and cooking it'll take half an hour to do while I'm watching the news this evening.

I thought I'd revive this thread after seeing an article about food bank deliveries.

Somehow I don't think these two 'beauties' receiving a delivery from their local food bank are in any danger of starving to death any time soon.

View attachment 563426
Buramstarvin!!! (To be said in a nasal, scouse whine - and I am from that fair city).

As others have noted through this thread, stupidity and laziness seems to be prevalent causes of a number of what we are seeing.

I have no doubt these hippacrocadillapigs are whining like twin RR Olympus at full chat about how little Wayne and Chlamydia NEED their free lunch meals that the evil Tories have denied them.

I have just finished a big bowl of home made soup - made with 2 stock cubes, 2 onions, 2 carrots, 2 parsnip and 2 spuds and (Free!) water. Definitely costed under £2 to make and about 30 minutes of my life, for about 1.5 Litres of delicious and nutritious lunches to last me a week, with 2 slices of bread each day to dip in and bulk it out.

In the mean time these stains on humanity would be demanding that the world gives them turkey twisters, McD’s or KFC on tap and can’t understand why people like us look upon the junior barrage balloons they are raising with utter disdain.

Buramstarvin!!! (To be said in a nasal, scouse whine - and I am from that fair city).

As others have noted through this thread, stupidity and laziness seems to be prevalent causes of a number of what we are seeing.

I have no doubt these hippacrocadillapigs are whining like twin RR Olympus at full chat about how little Wayne and Chlamydia NEED their free lunch meals that the evil Tories have denied them.

I have just finished a big bowl of home made soup - made with 2 stock cubes, 2 onions, 2 carrots, 2 parsnip and 2 spuds and (Free!) water. Definitely costed under £2 to make and about 30 minutes of my life, for about 1.5 Litres of delicious and nutritious lunches to last me a week, with 2 slices of bread each day to dip in and bulk it out.

In the mean time these stains on humanity would be demanding that the world gives them turkey twisters, McD’s or KFC on tap and can’t understand why people like us look upon the junior barrage balloons they are raising with utter disdain.
Every ingredient you have mentioned (apart from the bread) would be totally alien and beyond comprehension to the fuking lard buckets

Every ingredient you have mentioned (apart from the bread) would be totally alien and beyond comprehension to the fuking lard buckets
I am sure that they are familiar with spuds too - in the chipped and frozen version in a jumbo sized bag that goes with every meal they devour.

In its irregular spheroid and unpeeled state it would just be looked upon as an exotic piece of crap that posh people eat.

. . . closely followed by, ' . . . I need a 'oliday, me! A week in Benidorm looks good: I'll leave a loaf of bread and a tub of marge out and the kids'll be fine . . . '

The other thing I've seen frequently near me is the gluttonous pieces of shit regularly going to the McDonalds, KFC and Taco Bell drive thrus, filling their fat faces while sat in their cars like it's a family day out, and then for extra obnoxious points launching all the rubbish out of the car windows into the hedge back down the road as they drive off.

Latest Threads