• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Sneering at fat people.

Posted on the America - It's All A Bit odd thread, someone posted pictures of fat male mannequins. I commented that you didn't see that in the UK because British men like to think they are all svelte.
A few days later, the Matalan catalogue arrived, and whilst the men's section all had trim, fit male models, the women's section included these images:
20180923_101256-600x800.jpg

Which begs the question: is it this because men like being in denial about their increasing waist sizes, or is it subliminal messaging to say it's ok for women to be fat but not men?

Posted on the America - It's All A Bit odd thread, someone posted pictures of fat male mannequins. I commented that you didn't see that in the UK because British men like to think they are all svelte.
A few days later, the Matalan catalogue arrived, and whilst the men's section all had trim, fit male models, the women's section included these images:
View attachment 354275

Which begs the question: is it this because men like being in denial about their increasing waist sizes, or is it subliminal messaging to say it's ok for women to be fat but not men?

I must admit when I'm walking around my local shopping centre and see young women of between 16 - 30 yrs old and see the rolls of fat & cellulite bulging out from skimpy & revealing clothes, I often wonder if these same gross creatures have full length mirrors in their bathrooms and if they do WTF do they think of the horrendous reflection they must see, or is it just some form of mental blindness or just denial?
Perhaps they are just like this woman Fatorexia: In the mirror, Sara saw a slim woman. Just one problem: she was 17st. So how could she be so deluded? | Daily Mail Online
snip "In the mirror, Sara saw a slim woman. Just one problem: she was 17st. So how could she be so deluded?
But then it hit me; just like an anorexic who sees a fat body when they look in the mirror, I'd been seeing a slim one. Where the anorexic wears baggy clothes to hide behind, I was wearing big clothes with the size labels cut out to hide my vastness"

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Oh you're back! Did they give you Oramorph to come home with?
Still here. Being my normal chirpy self. Making friends and all that. Oramorph? Pfft.

This one is a model for "plus size active wear".
Damn, if that's what exercise does, send me another plate of chips.

You could have warned us!

And that should read 'inactive wear', should it not?

View attachment 354275

I s'pose it's possible that the train of thought - outmoded though it may be - in the fashion industry still errs towards women being larger at some time in their lives, not because they've got a Gregg's loyalty card but because they have children and spend some period of time or other post-natally flabby.

To date men have yet to become pregnant...

Ironic, perhaps? She needs to lose weight but as she earns a crust advertising exercise kit for people who need exercise then, if she exercises, she's out of a job. Life's a bitch, innit.

I have yet to email the Moderators asking if my profile name can be changed to just "Dave".
I'd just ask them to strike through Chas, I mean it's not like you want to forget him is it.

I have yet to email the Moderators asking if my profile name can be changed to just "Dave".
Why do they call you Dave, your name's Rodney.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
To date men have yet to become pregnant...
Speaking purely in legal terms, that's wrong in a myriad of ways.
If you're bringing reality to the party, you're correct.

Well that's her exercise done for the day and quite a workout it was too.
Most of the exhibits on this thread can't even see their toes, let alone touch them.

Makes me wonder how some of them manage to wipe their ars.....
Nooooo !...think about something else.

My youngest plays football on the weekends, as do many, but what always shocks me are some of the players (under 10), who look like miniature Bernard Mannings.
How can their parents not see, that these waddling, wheezing kids are not of a 'normal size'?
it's really sad.