Sneaky old bill

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by General_Layabout, Nov 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are we the only country to have uniformed police riding around in unmarked cars?

I know that the all over the world defectives in the the police force use plain cars with either built in or magnetic lights.

Or should that have been detectives in the police farce? (One of the Gruniads biggest gaffs)

Having driven widely in europe and a little in the states and canada I've never seen a a plain car with uniformed officers.

Or is it true that in this country the motorist is seen as the "cash cow?"

2. Bollocks, now take your Brasso addled brain off to bed. All EU states have uniformed plod in unmarked police vehicles.

But yes, in this country the motorist IS seen as a 'cash cow'

• Like Like x 1
  3. They drive such an assortment of unmarked police cars, they can be very hard to spot now.

4. OK, but you never seem to see them with some poor git on the hard shoulder of Autobahns, Autostradas, Autoroutes etc.

Luckily I haven't seen Brasso for over 25 years

5. They've even got them here in HK.

6. The blokes in the car were plain clothes police. They were wearing uniforms because it's their day off.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Do they have to take a bus to and from work?

8. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Do you have the number for Paderborn Polizei Station? I need to report a couple of Polizei walts then!

Bastards walting around in Polizei uniforms, ordinary car with a magic light up thing in the rear parcel shelf that says Polizei demanding money for imaginary traffic offences.

9. So fast were you going when they pulled you then? How many points on your license is it now?

10. One feels you should get out more.

11. Brasso! The drink of champions.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Guardia Civil here (only) have the two old bangers for stealth car use - we all know the make and reg number of them!

Re Brasso - simply strain through stale bread and add orange juice to taste. Allegedly!

13. We have a battered 03 plate Fiesta, that we use sometimes.
    Gets the best results.
    PS, the Police don't keep the money, or get a cut.
    And we don't take our cars home, I wouldn't lower the tone with an 03 Fiesta!.

• Like Like x 1