SNCO over JNCO

Iqbal Achieve

Old-Salt
Wasn't really sure where to post this one, but; Im thinking of leaving pretty soon, having reached my 11 year point. The trouble I'm having is; trying to decide whether its worth hanging on until my next promotion board, promote to SNCO, serve another year, then sign off. I realise the small amount of extra time I plan on serving won't have a positive effect on my pension.
The main reason for my query is due the fact Seniors are eligible for the higher level of CIM or ILM; does this make a difference? or is it easy enough to make up the extra credits on leaving?
Im interested to find out other peoples experiences when leaving the forces, whether they have faced rank related issues when applying for different positions.

Any info greatly appreciated!

Iqbal Achieve

Old-Salt
You'll have to excuse me, I havent used this site for a while- mainly due to having a life- but I'm guessing 'show again braincell' is 'witty' derogatory putdown?

Wasn't really sure where to post this one, but; Im thinking of leaving pretty soon, having reached my 11 year point. The trouble I'm having is; trying to decide whether its worth hanging on until my next promotion board, promote to SNCO, serve another year, then sign off. I realise the small amount of extra time I plan on serving won't have a positive effect on my pension.
The main reason for my query is due the fact Seniors are eligible for the higher level of CIM or ILM; does this make a difference? or is it easy enough to make up the extra credits on leaving?
Im interested to find out other peoples experiences when leaving the forces, whether they have faced rank related issues when applying for different positions.

Any info greatly appreciated!

I wanted a bloke whom I could trust to carry out the duties of a facilities manager when that particular incumbent was absent.

I had several applicants for the role, all ex military, ranging from Corporal to flight sergeant.

Hint; The JNCO applicants did not get the job.

Iqbal Achieve

Old-Salt
I wanted a bloke whom I could trust to carry out the duties of a facilities manager when that particular incumbent was absent.

I had several applicants for the role, all ex military, ranging from Corporal to flight sergeant.

Hint; The JNCO applicants did not get the job.

Thanks for the sensible reply. I know it sounds like a fairly obvious question, but I've bee given different opinions by people who have recently left.

CPLBBT

Old-Salt
You will only get the CIM / ILM if you pass all three parts of your CLM package, and that may not be straight after you get promoted.

You will only get the CIM / ILM if you pass all three parts of your CLM package, and that may not be straight after you get promoted.

He says he wants to serve another year after getting promoted so he should have done all three by then.

Iqbal Achieve

Old-Salt

Yeah, I was planning to serve for at least a year after. Just trying to decide whether it would be beneficial later down the line. For the sake of one more year- in a steady career with a decent income; or pop smoke and escape the perpetual bullshit.

CPLBBT

Old-Salt
Depends on when Glasgow load him onto the CLM. At the moment there is a backlog for poersonnel trying to get on it.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Yeah, I was planning to serve for at least a year after. Just trying to decide whether it would be beneficial later down the line. For the sake of one more year- in a steady career with a decent income; or pop smoke and escape the perpetual bullshit.

So. How sure are you that you are going to get promoted?

Just asking, like.

spaz

LE
Don't forget if selected you could wait up to 12 months to get put into a Sgt's post. You will be able to complete SCLM 1 in the meantime but you won't get SCLM 3 until you have been in post for 3 months. They aren't going to load you if you have already signed off so your extra year will look more like an extra 2.5 years.

Probably.

Iqbal Achieve

Old-Salt
Don't forget if selected you could wait up to 12 months to get put into a Sgt's post. You will be able to complete SCLM 1 in the meantime but you won't get SCLM 3 until you have been in post for 3 months. They aren't going to load you if you have already signed off so your extra year will look more like an extra 2.5 years.

Probably.

Thanks, these are the things that are generally hard to find out. I have a couple of posts that will be available when I'm due to pick up. Its just a case of whether they are still open to me.
What I don't want to happen is; 1 extra year turning into 2.5 or more. Then thinking "Fcuk it" i'll pick up again soon.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
You may find more and worse perpetual bullshit.

Latest Threads