Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by hey-up-cheeky, May 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI,

This may have been on here before however after looking i cant find it.

With the new SNCO CLM coming in last year, is there any part of it you can do as a fullscrew. Just i have had an interview with the old boss and he reccomends to get on any parts i can as soon as possible, he is engineers and doesnt get the signals bulls**t for courses. I did my juniors as a lance jack but not sure as the rules now the new system has kicked in.

many thanks
  2. Cow

Cow LE

3. thanks, having dramas getting onto armynet at the min !

how do i go about applying, is it via blandford or glasgow, just so i can pass it to my boss.
  4. Cow

Cow LE

I'd phone up MCM Div (or whatever they're called) and get a name for your boss to call to set things in motion. All details are in the manual but it is from last year so may be out of date, your local AGC should be able to help out with hard copies of everything :roll:
  5. STC

STC Swinger

Before You can get loaded onto your SNCO CLM you will need to complete the JNCO Work Book, this should of been issued after the JNCO course but I'm guessing that is probably not the case. If not it is available to download from the Army Intranet. Do not use the 1 on Armynet as that 1 has not been updated yet.

Hope this helps, if not contact me and I'll sort something out for you.
  6. Assuming you are a sub fullscrew and have completed all elements of JNCO CLM you do not need to do anything at the moment except do well in your current job. Once you are selected for Sgt you will have to do whatever the RSIGS say you have to do, this is SNCO CLM Pt 1. At the end of that you are promoted sub Sgt. You then do the SNCO CLM Work book (Pt 2) under the guidnce of line manager, unit mentors and Educators from the AEC. After that you do SNCO CLM Pt 3 which is a 1 week course at the AEC.

Hope this helps. Your RCMO is the guru on this.

7. I would disagree with you on this. Get the courses out the way as fast as you can. Because if you do come of the board you can be waiting for a long time to be loaded due to commitments and other candidiates trying to get on these courses most of all the education side.

It can affect seniority and your substansive date plus wonga. I would agree with above but I don't trust any fcuker with my career now (whats left of it).

PS Oh and by the way, not all RCMO's are gurus. They have agendas as well.
  8. You can't do the workbook and until you have done the Arms and Service part 1 and you can't bid for the AEC part until you are close to finishing or have completed your workbook. Whether you can apply or have to be selected for part 1 is up to the relevant MCM div-certainly if you can "pre qualify" before selection then there is some advantage to doing so.

The USUAL initiator is being selected for Sgt. RCMOs may have agendae of their own but they also know the rules for your cap badge and they have access to the regs. Hope this helps
  9. STC

STC Swinger

All the details for this are contained within the CLM Policy document which has just been up loaded to both Defence/Intranet and Armynet. This also contains the annexes for each A&S