Snatch to be replaced (again)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cpt_Darling, Mar 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On Browns visit to Afghan, the promise was made for 200 new vehicles to replace Snatch.

Is this going to be like the last time Snatch was getting phased out to be replaced by "Vixen"? Or is it a new vehicle entirely?

2. Brown said this, believe it when you see it, once again Brown is playing "Talks cheap"

3. Anyone would think there was an election soon. :roll:

Promise the Earth and when he gets another 5 years, can't deliver on the promise. Problem being, it's too late then. :evil:

4. Agreed Trooper,

How long have our forces been afghan?

Cynical moi???

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Why don't they replace them with blancmange kevlar? It might even make them safer? Fcuk me, its clearly 'lie to the idiots' season in UK PLC. Must be, as I doubt the average squaddie will believe a fcuking word of the great, imperious and unelected Ceasar.

Why don't they deny closing hundreds of wards instead of this sh1te?

Anyway, where is the link to this?

6. Have just read an article in "Stars and Stripes" (the Yank weekly paper for the troops for those that dont know) whilst waiting at the barbers in which Brown stated that "every request for the military and military equipment that crossed his desk was authorised" ... hmm I bet some wide eyed journo could prove that wrong.. He declared it at the inquest he gave evidence at the other day.

Still dont believe him though.. one-eyed twat... the sooner he goes the better !

7. Must be the 4th or 5th occasion since he became PM (2 1/2 years ago) that he has promised to "replace" Snatch Landrovers. If you listened to him yesterday he suggested that Snatch was the vehicle of choice by the commanders in theatre!

BBC news broadcast at 12:00pm that he was providing another 2000 metal detectors for troops in Afghanistan.

Spin Spin and more Spin.

8. Yes Bob, but that was the 'only' vehicle available to commanders at the time,

Spin, spin I totally agree Bob,

9. Would this be Husky?

10. Thats the key point of the quote, how many treasurey officials did the requests have to go through in order to be scaled down enough before a fraction were allowed to cross his desk :? :x

11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Don't they trot this out everytime there is an inquest relating to a death in Snatch?

Cpl Bryant and the SAS lads have been in the news this week and presto hey an announcement that those vehicles will be replaced just as soon as Gordon sorts the world and finds the cash

12. That'll be good. Will he also provide the personnel?

13. Would love to replace my wifes snatch but suppose thats for a different forum

14. No

Husky is the medium variant of the TSV (Tactical Support Vehicle) the other being the Coyote (light) and Wolfhound (heavy).

They are as the name suggests support vehicles and not combat vehicles and they are designed to carry C-Sups for the combat vehicles if their variant

He may have been talking about the Vixen+ which is the upgraded, upgraded Snatch Vixen

Or he may be talking about the future LPPV which will replace the whole Snatch, vixen and vixen+ programme