SNATCH Conversion

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by CH512O, Oct 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know how you get drivers converted to SNATCH variants?
    Is it down the GSDI route or do you go to DST for a SNATCH Op/Dvr Course?
    We have a remit to drive SNATCH soon in our Unit and have no Drivers or SNATCH qualified GSDI's.
    Cheers in advance

2. We had to do a 10 min drive with one of the MT mongs....who would then say we were "Fam'd" up on snatch, and sign the little pink chit thingy.

3. eveyone I know who has done this has been 'fammed', nothing else as far as I am aware.

4. And here's me thinking of cosmetic surgery!!!

Snatch has to be a full course IIRC run by a Snatch instructor due to the handling being very different to a normal Lanny.

5. No dramas with that, but according to the big book of courses, DST do not run SNATCH Instructor courses??
    But thanks for your reply.

6. my snatch/VPK conversion was on ops - here's the keys and easy on the peddle! :lol: FMT 600 was not endorsed when we got back though - it was a bit like getting local rank

7. GSDI plus a training pack from DRLC. Worth doing it properly to avoid the hassle of all that paperwork and the BOI when it goes wrong somewhere hot and sandy.

8. Seconded. Contact RLC TDT for a Land Rover VPK (Snatch) conversion course training pack. The drivers need to be GS driver trained first. I'm sure your Bde/Div Master Driver will be able to advise you. :wink:

9. Also need FAM on WOLF HS

I have TDT copy on PDF if you pm ME.

We ran a unit course 14 months ago for ops

10. 1 x Morning Driving SNATCH
    1 x Afternoon Driving WMIK
    1 x Op tour driving ripped out cut down 110's and LOWA's.

11. Cheers for replies. Fuelgit, pm on its way.

12. Eventually found PDF and sent to you.

Get TDT to appove the course your unit will run.

Goodluck!

13. Cheers, got it.

14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

And I thought this was Legs trawling for some spare parts.