Snapped calf muscle

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Rod924, Jul 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Whilst player footie, changed direction, went to set off and TWANG - KERTHUNG........... fcuking hurt too. Anyway, that was 7 weeks ago. First 4 weeks I could not walk properly, then started gradually. Now walking fine and really missing footie.

When is the right time to return? What signs, other than road or zodiac, should I look for?

FYI - Male, 39

2. IF you can walk ok (No pain at all & you have 95-100% movement back at the foot/ankle & knee) - Start jogging then build up when you can run 100% no oain start on Sport specific movements- try some shuttle runs, slalom runs, sprints etc. Make sure you stay nice & flexible- have a good stretch AFTER exercise holding each for upto 30-40 secs.

The main sign to go by is pain... But if your movement is back 100% & you have v little pain when running get back to the footie drills & see what happens! You could probably benifit from some massage aswell!

3. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

If you are female and mega fit, well not even that fit but a spot on body, I will accept your kind offer for a naked massage, with extras?

4. i am female... im a personal trainer, run 3 times a week & go to the gym the rest... you do the maths!

5. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

I am now horizontal on my desk with a strategically placed hand towel awaiting your services :D

6. u might be waiting a while. Anyway, if its your calf surley you can massage it yourself!?
    where did you say that towel was?

7. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

I am cold and, too be honest, bloody annoyed! Grrrrr.

I waited and waited and no massage given! I am now going to get dressed, after wiping off the strawberry yoghurt and had prepped for your benefit, and off to play golf

8. many apologies for making you wait so long, not very professional of me is it?!
    too bad about the starwberry yoghurt!

I hope your round of golf was enjoyable!