Smug Barsteward Thread

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, Apr 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Now that the airports are starting to re-open, it is time for a thread for all of us who have not been abroad for their Easter hols or for a highly paid work junket to foreign parts. :twisted:

Cuddles can drag himself away from the hausfruas of Bavaria, soon blue-sophist will be able to post us some Jersey Royals.

If the eruption of the E(something) volcano in Iceland has not really affected you other that to bore the arrse off you on TV and newsprint; plus the neverending tales of woe from Arrsers then this is the thread for you. :D

Enjoy the schadenfreud (sp?) and tell everyone how the skies have been beautifully blue and we have enjoyed life in good old UK.
  2. It was warm and pleasent in the city of London and dead quiet to, we should really close down the airports more often
  3. I had a jolly nice picnic in the New Forest!! :D No noisy planes flying over to disturb the peace, bright blue skies with no vapour trails marring their perfection!! Erupt away I say!!
  4. It's incredible how much ambient noise is actually down to aircraft. What we attribute to traffic noise,out in the leafy lanes was missing,absolute heaven.

I tend to go by train anyway, when travelling in Europe.
  5. Get about a bit don't you bb, sure it wasn't Leicester Forest East? :D

Lovely day here too, no sign of ash or any other shit either. Birds singing and nesting, bees buzzing around and a bit of peanut smuggling to top it off. Volcano? what friggin' volcano? ;P
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Fools. You miss the point. Iceland moves to have the ban on whaling lifted, and what happens?

7. What you said, except enjoying no flights in Glasgow!!!
  8. Yes, sun and the sound of water gently lapping on a beach here in Kent by the sea :D
  9. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Evening, A-Y ;-)

Yup, it's lovely here too. The Jersey Royals are sprouting beautifully, although some fields are already being pilfered! The garden is full of birds [feathered] and flowers [unidentifiable]. The sun has been shining non-stop for several days, and the air is clean and fresh. It's good to be alive, really.

Especially as that endless Election cr@p on TV doesn't affect me :D

Still hoping to fly elsewhere, though - I hope that's permitted?
  10. The only thing you can hear at LFE is the M1 :D t'was definately the New Forest...just outside Nomansland!
  11. A week in Northumberland(Beadnell) without a drop of rain 8O ...Still snow on the Cheviots though. :p
  12. I tell you, no noisy shithooks, no noisy army square corps types and no civi aviation, only the M road to contend with, it has been quite peaceful. Brother in law was bragging about his holiday in disney land starting this week for months, really rubbing it in. Am I content - like a pig in shit!
  13. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I wonder how many people got their houses re-valued this week? :D
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I hear Jesmond Sur Mer is lovely at this time of year?
  15. Not usually mate.But yes it was.Beautifull county. :wink: