Smoothies

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by REMEbrat, Jan 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got a blender for Christmas and although I have bought a smoothy recipe book can any arrsers here recommend any better ones?

Both alcoholic and non alcoholic.

Cheers.

2. Our blender is the 2nd most important thing in the Kitchen in Chateau K after my faithful Wok.

We try to eat healthy & keep healthy vitamins in us from November until March we all have my special

10 Tangerines, 3 Bananas, 1 Fresh Mango & 1 Fresh Pineapple & a handful of any fresh berries in the fridge topped up with a Pint and half of filtered water.

I also have got into making funky Velouté Cream Soups to impress guests.

500g Mushrooms
    1 Onion - diced finely
    400g finely diced (2cm cubed potato with skin)
    Pint and a Half of Chicken Stock (Fresh or Knorr Cubes)
    Black Pepper & dried Oregano
    One Frozen Ice Cube of leftover White Wine
    1/4 pint of Milk
    25g Garlic Butter

Heat a large pot on full heat and throw in the Garlic Butter, when it is all melted throw in the Mushrooms, Onion, Black Pepper, Potato & wine cube. Turn the heat down to low, put the lid on and leave to 'sweat' for 10 minutes.

Add the stock & milk and stir it all in and leave for another 30 minutes to simmer (lid on)

Turn the heat of and leave to stand for an hour.

Put it in a blender & add a bit of Oregano. Wash the pot & then pour the blender back into the pot & reheat at a medium temperature for 5 mins and servce with croutons or warm crusty bread.

Enjoy !

3. Green leafy smoothies are tasty with some added fruits.

4. Needed a quick desert for New Year's Day.

First place a couple of digestives or plain tea-biscuits in the machine and grind to crumbs adding a bit of sugar.
    Chocolate powder with a dash of brandy. Add plain yogurt and if necessary a dash of cow-juice. Blend till thick.
    Put crumbs in the bottom third of a wineglass. Almost fill the wineglass with the chocolate mixture. Place a bit of fruit on the top with a light sprinkling of sugar.
    Chill in fridge 30 mins and ready to scoff.- Went down a storm in this house.

Note I use soya yogurts and milk, but you need a creamy mixture that will go well with the biscuits, not too runny, but not too thick. To thicken further a banana is always good in the mixture.

5. Champagne Smoothie Recipe

Ingredients

4 oz Apricot Brandy
    1 oz Vodka
    Fill 1/2 glass Champagne
    Fill 1/2 glass Orange juice

Prepare the ingredients, make sure the fruit has been washed
    Place all liquids in the blender - make sure they have been chilled
    Add fruits and other ingredients
    Blend all the ingredients together until a smooth consistency has been obtained
    Pour into a glass
    Serve your cool refreshing Champagne Smoothie

Rum Smoothie Recipe

Ingredients

4 oz Coconut Rum
    3 dashes cream
    1 pint milk
    2 bananas
    1 peach
    1 tbsp honey
    Crushed ice

Prepare the ingredients, make sure the fruit has been washed

Place all liquids in the blender - make sure they have been chilled

Add fruits and other ingredients

Blend all the ingredients together until a smooth consistency has been obtained

Pour into a glass

Serve your cool refreshing Rum Smoothie

6. Fuck off and die Chubb you waste of skin.