Smoking with your beret on...

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by BRIAN, May 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What are the rules on this.

I ve been told to smole with your beret on is disgrace to the queen, i ve also been told that eating with it on is a disgrace.

Where on earth does this come from or is it a load of cobblers.

Dont know if i have this is in the right forum...

2. Smoking blokes with your beret on is a no no unless you are RMP or Royal Anglians........ then its encouraged :D

3. Where the fcuk do you think you can be when, whilst wearing a beret you can have a fag? Walking along the road in barracks? The time to have a fag is in your own time where it does not necessitate the wearing of a beret. Why do you want to have a fag wearing your bloody beret anyway. Forget the rules and regulations and reasons why. Fact is, it is not professional and that is what we are. Cnuts like you find it important to question such a discipline and you make me want to campaign for the resurrection of chest digging. You want to smoke with head dress, leave the army, wear a hoody and be a chav.

4. :D :D :wink: Quality!

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The real point to this of course is that real soldiers don't wear berets, they wear Tam o' Shanters (TOS to youse uninitiated)

6. Umm Ill tread lightly here.

Smoking with your lid on should guarantee you extra PT.

But I heard a myth that according to QRs you can smoke a pipe whilst wearing headdress provided it is still lit.
    p.s Just for fun dont rip my head off

SK

7. The main reason i thought you werent meant to smoke with your beret on was was to disguise your Corp/Regt.

Basically you see a load of squaddies standing around smoking and acting like a rabble with out a beret on its hard to identify their unit.

But if you have your beret on, some nosher of a officer will recognise it, and report the unit to the CO.
    Thats what i got told ages ago, how true it is i dont know

8. Again, I reiterate. We, the British Army, are professional. I rage at the thought of a soldier, union flag on arm, smoking a fag wearing beret/Tam o' Shanters/caubeen (to avoid arguement let's say head dress). We are apart from, and above, other lesser disciplined soldiers in these disjointed countries we get sent to. Keep it that way. If you are wearing your head dress you are on duty. If you are on duty, you should not be fcuking smoking. It is not professional, full fcuking stop.

9. And before it is contested, I am a smoker myself.

10. Auld-Yin

What is he/she is wearing his/her helmet, in an area where it has been prudent to wear it for lengthy periods of time/ Do you deny someone a smoke (provided it is also prudent to smoke in these circumstances)?

If, as a formed body of men on a work party (my God how old do I sound)
    and the NCO, or God forgive an officer, in charge falls you out for a smoke break - does that give you the right to remove headdress? No Sir, but you are entitled to smoke.

I always thought the rule of thumb is if you can't be caught who gives a fcuk.

11. I agree with you whole-heartedly. I too am a smoker and cannot believe anyone would smoke whilst wearing head-dress. I must point out though that your god-awful rants do not answer the authors question nor are they particularly constructive.. I suggest you have a quick chat with yourself as this inner rage will do you no good.

I, like you, will be the first on the scene to extinguish someones life should they ever do this in my sight; lets leave it at that shall we Bruce (as in Bruce Banner)...

12. I agree with you whole-heartedly. I too am a smoker and cannot believe anyone would smoke whilst wearing head-dress. I must point out though that your god-awful rants do not answer the authors question nor are they particularly constructive.. I suggest you have a quick chat with yourself as this inner rage will do you no good.

I, like you, will be the first on the scene to extinguish someones life should they ever do this in my sight; let's leave it at that shall we Bruce (as in Bruce Banner)...

13. I agree with you whole-heartedly. I too am a smoker and cannot believe anyone would smoke whilst wearing head-dress. I must point out though that your god-awful rants do not answer the authors question nor are they particularly constructive.. I suggest you have a quick chat with yourself as this inner rage will do you no good.

I, like you, will be the first on the scene to extinguish someones life should they ever do this in my sight; let's leave it at that shall we Bruce (as in Bruce Banner)...

14. 8O

I agree with you whole-heartedly! I too am a smoker and cannot believe anyone would smoke whilst wearing head-dress. I must point out though that your God-awful rant does not answer the author's question nor is it particularly constructive... I suggest you have a quick chat with yourself as this inner rage will do you no good.

I, like you, will be the first on the scene to extinguish someone's life should they ever do this in my sight; let's leave it at that shall we Bruce (as in Bruce Banner)...

:x Watertight Mad :!:

15. Auld-Yin

For goodness sake hellfyr - have a fag before you post this site out of existence! :wink: