smoking is really bad for you

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by maguire, Jun 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

especially this fella - Passenger decapitated after tumbling off train as he tried to secretly smoke a cigarette | Mail Online

'A rail passenger was decapitated after being dragged along underneath a Tube train which he had fallen out of while smoking a cigarette.The 52-year-old man is believed to have forced open the emergency exit doors between carriages on a late-night Metropolitan Line Tube train between Chorleywood, Herts, and Chesham, Bucks.
    Police said that he fell through a gap and, after tumbling onto the track, he was dragged along at 50mph, gruesomely severing his head from his body.'

on the other hand, at least its one way to quit...

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Gosh. The attrition rate among entirely sober late night tube travelers is alarming, eh?

3. At 52 this dipstick is old enough to have produced children and possibly grandchildren. How sad for the rest of us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Zen

Zen

Dying for a cig? Well he was!

6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

7. I thought the penalty was a fine or, at worst, imprisonment.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Fucking terrible what they do to smokers these days.

9. Coo! Hammersmith is on the Met Line now.

10. I thought the tube was made for frotting not smoking.

11. If you didn't already know, whilst Hammersmith is not on the Met line, it is on the Circle line now.

That is, since the Circle line became non-circular.

As it is, the met-line-between-carriages thing is pretty precarious as it is, the line up that way is like a fucking rally track too. Complete bellend though, no idea why he couldn't just smoke out the window like the rest of us, and had to clog up the entire line with a delay for an hour. Selfish cunt.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well, that's smokers for you.

13. Would have been funnier if it had been a steam train.

14. Now which Arrser is it that has the sig "Nothing is fool-proof to the expert fool!"
    Proof right there I think.

Still not all smoking is bad, while getting stung by a gang of killer.........well quite naughty wasps, burning 20 B&H helped to calm the situation! Then I set fire to the shed and killed the lot!

15. That'd be Monty.