Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Smoking is a filthy habit

Joe Roberts

RIP        
Last edited:
But it has long had some very nice objets d'art associated with it, like this Fabergé gold cigarette case which at one point belonged to the Romanov family.

FABERGE Russian Imperial Presentation Gold Cigarette Case - Antique Jewelry | Vintage Rings | Faberge Eggs

It's dated 1916, the year before the Czar discovered the Reds had found a permanent cure for smoker's cough. I suppose it's the same thing as having a gold spoon in which to melt your heroin.
Seems odd that it doesn't have the bit of knicker elastic that stops the cigarettes rolling all over the place.

But it has long had some very nice objets d'art associated with it, like this Fabergé gold cigarette case which at one point belonged to the Romanov family.

FABERGE Russian Imperial Presentation Gold Cigarette Case - Antique Jewelry | Vintage Rings | Faberge Eggs

It's dated 1916, the year before the Czar discovered the Reds had found a permanent cure for smoker's cough. I suppose it's the same thing as having a gold spoon in which to melt your heroin.

I sold a similar one with a Polish crest & some interesting history early last year - belonged to the uncle of a friend & a colonel in the Home Army.
I have his Virtuti Militari somewhere safe.

Seems odd that it doesn't have the bit of knicker elastic that stops the cigarettes rolling all over the place.

I understand that knicker elastic was used to keep the young wenches' chastity in your day but I doubt even with all that tensile strength it would last 100 years.

The loops are still in place on the case though.