Smoking and Drinking during Basic Training?

Looks like there will only be one type of tabbing at Harrogate now. LINKY
As you aren't supposed to buy cigarettes until you are 18, where were the little bastards buying them from?

Just wondering if there are any rules about smoking during Basic Training? Is it allowed on breaks during the day or just in the evenings or what? Do they try and get you to stop?

Are you allowed have a drink some nights or not?
I am amazed at the questions even being raised, but silly me I realize. ;-)

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nothing like a DS shouting competition :)

As you aren't supposed to buy cigarettes until you are 18, where were the little bastards buying them from?
16 in England and Wales, 12 18 in Scotland I think.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
16 in England and Wales, 12 18 in Scotland I think.
Nope. You must be 18 years old or over to purchase tobacco products in the UK and it is an offence to buy the same for <18's.

Story time, 16 Regt Bicester, we found out my wrists could fit through the grill down the NAAFI bar, the pad who had just been kicked out of his house but took the washing machine with him, sprinted up to the block, up ended his tool box, got a hack saw, legged it to the laundry room and proceeded to cut one of the rubber tubes of the back of the washing machine. (My wrists could fit through the grill but the glasses couldn't, the rubber hose fitted nicely on the beer tap)

That very night, the Fosters and the better part of the Guinness keg was mysteriously emptied after hours.
This seems like a very elaborate way to tell us you have wrists like a girl. :grin:

This seems like a very elaborate way to tell us you have wrists like a girl. :grin:
I thought I was telling everyone I wasnt a fat ****?

Although after nearly 2 kegs of beers I did put on some weight.

Hippohunter

Old-Salt
On the lash every weekend and at least one week night, and smoked, still got through Para Regt depot 1979. It was all but compulsory.

The apocryphal fact that used to do the rounds at RMAS was that on Day One, 10% of your intake smoked and 90% were in relationships.

By the last day, if the course has been successful, 90% of your intake smoked, and 10% remained in relationships :grin:

Latest Threads