Smokin'

Quite. Question was to Seaman Zika re the infernal machine he's driving. Doesn't look like it but perhaps there's a secret chapter in the owners' manual.

Might be worth a try. I'm thinking a banked pizza oven with a tiny bit of ysterhout to get the wood chips going then shut the door and close the flue to allow it to smoulder. Meat on a grid as far from smouldering chips as possible. Top up the chips with soaked hickory or oak every few hours.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Any way you could cold smoke with no heat from the wood? Reckon that would be the way to do it.
Apparently the best way to cold smoke is to get some saw dust and a special spirally thing that makes it burn down really slowly.

Can't be arsed to find a link to what I'm talking about.

Home base are selling a similar smoker to Ravers for £130 odd if anyone is interested.

As I should add that Tesco lumpwood charcoal should be avoided. It's less lumpwood more tiny chips and it burns really quickly with no heat. It's absolute shire. Better off going to b and q or somewhere.

ugly

LE
Well not a burning wood smoker in the traditional sense but I spent the sunday smoking with my Bradley. I havent used it in 12 months and I cant think why;

ugly

LE
some more

apparently 6 is a duplicate

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
@Ravers is this the one that you purchased?

OGA032 Barbecue Grill Professional XXL Smoker Charcoal Approximately 1.5 mm Thick Steel Professional Quality OGA032

by KIUG®-Smoker

5.0 out of 5 stars 11 customer reviews
| 13 answered questions

Price: £107.90

Reason why I ask is that your picture shows a metal tag on the cooking compartment lid, where as one does not appear on this. I also want to avoid piss poor Chinese steel, but then again, for £107 does it matter, compared to a Weber (although they do last 10 years plus).

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@Ravers is this the one that you purchased?

OGA032 Barbecue Grill Professional XXL Smoker Charcoal Approximately 1.5 mm Thick Steel Professional Quality OGA032

by KIUG®-Smoker

5.0 out of 5 stars 11 customer reviews
| 13 answered questions

Price: £107.90

Reason why I ask is that your picture shows a metal tag on the cooking compartment lid, where as one does not appear on this. I also want to avoid piss poor Chinese steel, but then again, for £107 does it matter, compared to a Weber (although they do last 10 years plus).
Looks the same aye.

"Buy Cheap,Buy Twice" as my dear old Grandmother used to say.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Anyone smokin today?

I've currently got some chicken, salmon, sausages, garlic bulbs, home grown chillis and a big fat rump steak on the go.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Gone for a lower heat at 200 instead of 250 and using whiskey infused chips today.

Can't say I'm noticing much difference in the smell of the smoke, but when I opened the packet the chips reeked of Jacky D.

Bbq-ing half a chicken rubbed with lemon juice, garlic, oil, garam masala and tandoori rub.
Will be bbq'd with the lid on in the indirect heat style ( charcoal on one side chicken on the other )
Probably give it 20 mins in the oven to start then a hour or so as the heat varies.

Smoked garlic is awesome. I have had whole strings of it from France before for a few euros. Might chuck a few bulbs on as I want to make some roast garlic hummus tomorrow. See how it turns out.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Bbq-ing half a chicken rubbed with lemon juice, garlic, oil, garam masala and tandoori rub.
Will be bbq'd with the lid on in the indirect heat style ( charcoal on one side chicken on the other )
Probably give it 20 mins in the oven to start then a hour or so as the heat varies.

Smoked garlic is awesome. I have had whole strings of it from France before for a few euros. Might chuck a few bulbs on as I want to make some roast garlic hummus tomorrow. See how it turns out.
Phots please.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fire-lighter RAC 229