Smokin'

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A suggestion , put a tin under the meat with a little water in to catch the fat , stops it heating up and burning giving a nasty smell and taste .
Good shout. Definitely one for next time.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think we're done.

Brisket looking good. About medium if we're talking steaks, but with a burnt smokey crust which is beautiful. The salmon and sausages are as expected. I'll eat them later this week.

IMG_9256.JPG
IMG_9257.JPG

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sausages.

Awesome.

IMG_9260.JPG

Mattb

LE
Clearly you people do not live near a Burger King. A double Wopper Cheseburger with fries and a Coke takes on average 7 minutes then you can crack on with interesting stuff.
There are however several issues with this, namely:
  1. Having to go in to a Burger King
  2. Having to be near the sort of people that frequent Burger King
  3. The fact that you end up with something made and cooked by Burger King

today I had a frozen chicago town stuffed crust pepperoni pizza, just £2 buys the finest mystery meat in the frozen isle

I had a Dr Oetker one on Friday . All the topping slid off as i opened the oven door and went between the inner and outer glass on the door . The whole fecking lot.

Im not winning .

I had a Dr Oetker one on Friday . All the topping slid off as i opened the oven door and went between the inner and outer glass on the door . The whole fecking lot.

Im not winning .
Next time get your food from a chef, not a doctor.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
today I had a frozen chicago town stuffed crust pepperoni pizza, just £2 buys the finest mystery meat in the frozen isle
Nowt wrong with the Chicago Town mini pizzas, great for work where you don't have access to an oven but do have a microwave.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Nowt wrong with the Chicago Town mini pizzas, great for work where you don't have access to an oven but do have a microwave.
Get a better job.

I invested in one of the Aldi offset smokers. It is cheap but mainly because it's thinner metal than the more expensive models, but £50 versus £3-400 was a no brainer for an impulse buy. I added some food safe silicon sealant to keep the smoke (and heat) in and it's working pretty respectably.

I still like my normal BBQ but occasionally use the offset smoker for the low and slow cooking. I've got a big chunk of beef in the freezer that's getting done the next full weekend I'm off.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I invested in one of the Aldi offset smokers. It is cheap but mainly because it's thinner metal than the more expensive models, but £50 versus £3-400 was a no brainer for an impulse buy. I added some food safe silicon sealant to keep the smoke (and heat) in and it's working pretty respectably.

I still like my normal BBQ but occasionally use the offset smoker for the low and slow cooking. I've got a big chunk of beef in the freezer that's getting done the next full weekend I'm off.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Interesting idea for the sealant. Hadn't thought of that. Mine is good thick metal but it does piss smoke out of every nook and cranny.

Maybe sealing the edges is the way ahead?

I'm betting you could just use the fire cement for stove flues ? Either that or some careful bending/tweaking/ hammer twatting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fire-lighter RAC 229