• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Smokers!!! We have rights you know!!!!!

#1
Ok it’s the final straw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No smoking in the mess bar! Jes*s!!!! It’s bad enough that our liberties and freedom of speech are virtually non-existent but to stop us having a smokey treat whilst sipping a few cold ones has just killed off all that was good about the Army. You can go to war with a tab in your mouth but you could face disciplinary action for smoking closer than 10 m to a doorway. Well court marshal me!!!!! :x
 
#3
Shortfinals said:
Ok it’s the final straw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No smoking in the mess bar! Jes*s!!!! It’s bad enough that our liberties and freedom of speech are virtually non-existent but to stop us having a smokey treat whilst sipping a few cold ones has just killed off all that was good about the Army. You can go to war with a tab in your mouth but you could face disciplinary action for smoking closer than 10 m to a doorway. Well court marshal me!!!!! :x
Why should I, as a non-smoker, have to put up with your cancer causing habit in my home? ie, the Sgt's Mess.
 
#4
Good..................It's my home too. And if i want to smoke then i will. It's a National institution and if its good enough for Jeremy Clarkson and fellow soldier Prince H then its good enough for me! :p
 
#7
Bet i do................... I already freely fill my room with the aroma of marlboro and I might even get up a 2 in the morning just to walk around the mess sharing said aroma…………. I might even double tab!
 
#10
Yes i know he's supposed to give up......But we all know that's b***ox. Once a smoker always a smoker. Nothing like a wet cam net and a hot brew with a smokey treat!!!!!!
 
#11
Come on gents is that it! Hey break the chains of worring about CR's and tell these idiots what you think!!!!!!!!!! It won't get any better you know.
First smoking next what???????????????????????????????????
 
#12
Shortfinals said:
Come on gents is that it! Hey break the chains of worring about CR's and tell these idiots what you think!!!!!!!!!! It won't get any better you know.
First smoking next what???????????????????????????????????

A ban on using question marks hopefully......
 
#13
I have enjoyed many a fag and a pint in the Sgts' Mess bar and I too was as gutted as you when they banned it in our Mess too.

So I gave up.......

You stink, fcuk off and smoke outside you cancerous cnut. :D
 

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
#14
The Lord Flasheart said:
Shortfinals said:
Come on gents is that it! Hey break the chains of worring about CR's and tell these idiots what you think!!!!!!!!!! It won't get any better you know.
First smoking next what???????????????????????????????????

A ban on using question marks hopefully......
I agree with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
#15
My mess has gone fag-free (and thats nothing to do with the last remaining gay being posted) and its bliss.

No longer do my clothes reek of stale fags, especially after a do.

The just reek of stale beer, port and p1ss.
 
#16
Shortfinals said:
Yes i know he's supposed to give up......But we all know that's b***ox. Once a smoker always a smoker. Nothing like a wet cam net and a hot brew with a smokey treat!!!!!!
Bollocks, I gave up three years ago and have never even entertained the thought of having another one. To be honest cant wait for the ban be implemented.
 
#17
We have two bars in ours. A public and a scruffs bar. Because the legislation states 'no smoking within any building', they have banned smoking in the scruffs bar too (which in reality was a smoking bar). Everyone knows it was a smoking bar so only those who wished to kipper themselves would use it. Even the bar staff weren't at risk of doing a Roy Castle either because it wasnt directly connected to the bar it self.

The biggest thing that pishes me off is we are not allowed to have a cigar after a formal meal with coffee. I agree with the points made about a smoke filled public bar being a smelly place for those that dont smoke but ffs, what is wrong with one cigar after a sit down dinner?
 
#18
the_matelot said:
Shortfinals said:
Ok it’s the final straw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No smoking in the mess bar! Jes*s!!!! It’s bad enough that our liberties and freedom of speech are virtually non-existent but to stop us having a smokey treat whilst sipping a few cold ones has just killed off all that was good about the Army. You can go to war with a tab in your mouth but you could face disciplinary action for smoking closer than 10 m to a doorway. Well court marshal me!!!!! :x
Why should I, as a non-smoker, have to put up with your cancer causing habit in my home? ie, the Sgt's Mess.
yes, right on matelot! if you want to poison your self with your filthy habit, crack-on, but do it away from the rest of us, outside in the p###ing rain! :) the clothes I wear for a night on the p### will not stink like a chimney the next morning too, bonus!
this smokers rights thing really p###es me off. smoking is banned somewhere, then they purge like f### that their rights are being infrindged. well ...... f###ing tuff this time ain't it !!!!!!!!! :D
 
#20
E-Layer said:
I have enjoyed many a fag and a pint in the Sgts' Mess bar and I too was as gutted as you when they banned it in our Mess too.

So I gave up.......

You stink, fcuk off and smoke outside you cancerous cnut. :D
Oh a bit serious with your remarks!!!!!!!!! Don't you think you've used strong words for someone who thinks they have given up but come the day when you fancy a tab at a mess function then you can eat your f**king words......................... exercise smoker!!!!!!!
 

Latest Threads

Top