Smoke Me A kipper,Im Comming Home!!!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by spike7451, Feb 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Right Smegheads!
    After blasting off 21 years ago,the last human, Dave Lister & the crew of Red Dwarf are set to finally return to Earth.

• Like Like x 1
  2. i bought the anniversary edition 10 disc set, only the shows, at xmas from the bbc for £30. quality.
  3. It would be pretty hard to make the special without him. He's Dave Lister after all. :p
  4. while I dislike the fecker intensely, isn't he just an actor? Playing various roles.............

Being a crack head tosspot doesn't (neccesarily) affect his performance does it?

Or are you going down the route of ban/sack/fine/revile anybody on the idiot box who puts a foot wrong in their private lives :arrow:
  5. And Red Dwarf returns to TV tonight on Dave at 21:00hrs ^^

BTW, it's a new series!
  6. One of my favourite shows as a young'un.
  7. When I as 12 in my first year at comprehensive (that's right I went to comp. Want to make something of it?) we had to do drama lessons.

Apart from it being a doss lesson, we had to produce a play. So all the boys got together and decided to do one based on Red Dwarf.

I got to play Lister at first, but then realised it meant learning loads of lines that we had to write so I stepped down.
    Our "play" when we performed it for the class quickly descended into chaos as we gave up performing the play we'd written, and ad libbed a star fight.
    Which basically boiled down to throwing all the chairs at each other.

The teacher went mental as we ended up with 3 kids with nasty cuts, and bruises on all of us, as well as 2 broken chairs.

I used to love Red Dwarf.
  8. Smmmmmmeeeeee, Smmmmmeeeee, Smeeeeeeeeggggg
  9. Watched it all again a year ago....... a classic that has not aged at all.
  10. How can it age, it is set 6 million years into the future :wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Chris Barrie used to do a passable Craig Charles impression when Red Dwarf was serialized on BBC Radio 4. Don't know why Craig didn't appear to voice Lister; maybe the money wasn't right. :?
  12. Wasn't he going through his "bohemian" phase at the time?
  13. Looking forward to this, I used to watch Red Dwarf when I was faaaaaaaaaaar too young for it.

I used to sneakily put the TV in my room on when it was due on and with the sound on as low as I could get away with. To put in context how young I was I actually met Danny John Jules at some studios we visited while I was on holiday, stood there clutching a hulk hogan teddy... he came over and said I was cool :) My parents didn't have the feintest idea who he was other than an actor but my older brother was raging, as it was his hulk hogan doll and I had stolen the moment from him!

I was too young to get a lot of the jokes but still found it funny, watched it nearly the whole way through my primary school years and half the fun of watching re-runs is in getting jokes I didn't understand at the time!
  14. Face it,it's going to be a shitty cash in,hugely reliant on ancient catchphrases.

15. They'll probably come back from 6 million years into the future and simultaneously burst out...... "Is ******* Coronation Street still running?

And how ******* old is Ken Barlow now?"