smocks!

ive got a jacket combat aircrew temperate mk2 and was wondering what people no about these as i dont no alot so any info would be usefull here is a brief desrection

it has 2 internal pockets and 2 lower external ones it has slashed zip breast pockets and neck pocket with a zip which inside is a hood and there is a neck velcro flap on the fron and velcro cuffs it also has shoulder epaulets

22C 8415 99 1300562 Size 1
22C 8415 99 1300569 Size 8
Jacket Combat Aircrew Temperate Mk2 £56.01 each DPM

The long bits with the holes through them on the side are sleeves, you puts your hands all the way to the cuffs. :D

Not sure what else you want to know.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
ive got a jacket combat aircrew temperate mk2 and was wondering what people no about these as i dont no alot so any info would be usefull here is a brief desrection
what, like spelling and grammar?

I know not of the item to which you refer, would it be something like this?

Attachments

Expensive item that had matching trousers with built-in braces, ankle map pockets and sewn-in baggy knees. Designed for helicopter crews so that they would look a lttle bit like soldiers but still be wearing flying suits, hence the spring-loaded pencil pocket and zipped chest pockets to minimise the FOD-dispenser tendency. The fold away hood was an expensive solution to a minor problem and a bloody irritation to wear. About as good a jacket as the ordinary green cold weather flying suit jacket, ie not very, but retaining a certain aircrew cachet. There was an all-green version that preceded the DPM version.

A curiousity, no more.

Expensive item that had matching trousers with built-in braces, ankle map pockets and sewn-in baggy knees. Designed for helicopter crews so that they would look a lttle bit like soldiers but still be wearing flying suits, hence the spring-loaded pencil pocket and zipped chest pockets to minimise the FOD-dispenser tendency. The fold away hood was an expensive solution to a minor problem and a bloody irritation to wear. About as good a jacket as the ordinary green cold weather flying suit jacket, ie not very, but retaining a certain aircrew cachet. There was an all-green version that preceded the DPM version.

A curiousity, no more.
Thanks for that. And is my jacket pretty much useless?

It's not quite useless, you can wear it as a gash jacket still.. go fishing in it, car maintenance on chilly days, bit of airsofting. Whatever you want really. What use did you have in mind?

Answer to the allyness: its about as ally as an AGC clerk wearing a sniper smock! (yes i have seen this done complete with brand new flashes)

Answer to the allyness: its about as ally as an AGC clerk wearing a sniper smock! (yes i have seen this done complete with brand new flashes)
No you haven't.

I have one and wear it when I'm out dogging - a not too dissimilar activity to parade night at the local ACF det. I'd say that this garment is therefore fit for purpose. I think the wiki rates it at 'Good Effort'?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Royal Signals 55
Tango34_UK Weapons, Equipment & Rations 33
Joker Weapons, Equipment & Rations 32