smocks!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by djdervey, Aug 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive got a jacket combat aircrew temperate mk2 and was wondering what people no about these as i dont no alot so any info would be usefull here is a brief desrection

it has 2 internal pockets and 2 lower external ones it has slashed zip breast pockets and neck pocket with a zip which inside is a hood and there is a neck velcro flap on the fron and velcro cuffs it also has shoulder epaulets

2. 22C 8415 99 1300562 Size 1
    22C 8415 99 1300569 Size 8
    Jacket Combat Aircrew Temperate Mk2 £56.01 each DPM

The long bits with the holes through them on the side are sleeves, you puts your hands all the way to the cuffs. :D

Not sure what else you want to know.

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

what, like spelling and grammar?

4. Must try harder!

5. Really!? Couldnt tell with identical usernames and everything

6. I know not of the item to which you refer, would it be something like this?

Attached Files:

7. Expensive item that had matching trousers with built-in braces, ankle map pockets and sewn-in baggy knees. Designed for helicopter crews so that they would look a lttle bit like soldiers but still be wearing flying suits, hence the spring-loaded pencil pocket and zipped chest pockets to minimise the FOD-dispenser tendency. The fold away hood was an expensive solution to a minor problem and a bloody irritation to wear. About as good a jacket as the ordinary green cold weather flying suit jacket, ie not very, but retaining a certain aircrew cachet. There was an all-green version that preceded the DPM version.

A curiousity, no more.

8. Thanks for that. And is my jacket pretty much useless?

9. Go away.Quickly.

10. It's not quite useless, you can wear it as a gash jacket still.. go fishing in it, car maintenance on chilly days, bit of airsofting. Whatever you want really. What use did you have in mind?

11. Well i was thinking about using it for cadets as a field jacket.

12. Answer to the allyness: its about as ally as an AGC clerk wearing a sniper smock! (yes i have seen this done complete with brand new flashes)

13. No you haven't.