smocks/upgraders

sounds to me as though some one has some envy, Havent you got a smock?? havent you you thought about being pratical and putting tape over the centre of the button? (there is a practical use for that) ,
well boohoo, get back to you show parades, and marching to the TTS, and stop bitchin over something insignificant!!

Sorry cruisecontrol just after reading the sheer amount of complaining you've done on here i had you down as just another whinging git. Seems like you're just winding everyone up. Ah I feel my time in Blandford will pass much easier now i know there's such a joker like yourself here.

mollzers said:
Tape on your buttons is just good admin, isnt it???????
Maybe it used to be when the old buttons were just sewn on with cotton thread. Now it's all superduper stitched tape thingies - it's 100% pointless to put tape over them...except (as already mentioned) to swan around posing.

CardinalSin said:
mollzers said:
Tape on your buttons is just good admin, isnt it???????
Maybe it used to be when the old buttons were just sewn on with cotton thread. Now it's all superduper stitched tape thingies - it's 100% pointless to put tape over them...except (as already mentioned) to swan around posing.
Well we all know that the SF guys have this tape here so they can quickly put it over their eyes if they see a photographer but what would normal soldiers use it for? Maybe they were wrapping their christmas presents and they put the tape on there to keep it safe and just forgot about it. Has anyone thought of this. Hey maybe i can patent that, the special forces present wrapping smock. What do we think, worth a go?

mollzers said:
Alas somewhat uninformed of you!!!!! The issue Para smock has press studs as fasteners, so no need for tape there!! And the issued windproof smock has the 'sewn on' buttons! Hence Taping!!!!!!!!!

Have you never seen people being picked up for having a button undone???

"Today its a button! Tomorrow its a submarine hatch!!!!"

You would have thought A whole war effort could be brought to a standstill because of a button falling off at the wrong tiime!!!!!!!!!!!
So what your saying is our illustrious bretherin with funny coloured hats either have no buttons or they have to tape them on just incase they lose one. Are their gloves tied to either end of abit of string and threaded through their sleeves as well and Do they get issued velcro boots. Bet they've even got those little white name tags sewn on the inside. :p

Thebull140 said:
Yes i may be considerably younger than yourself but i'm also not some 18 year old gobby sprog.
That's right, your a 22 year old 5 year served upgrader sprog who mouths off like you've seen it and done the lot. One working unit I guess?

Either you go out to wind others up, are a Troll or are simply a numbnuts who presents those around them with a stereotypical image of a tech.

I guess the third option

Please don't spout tech crap back, was one once (class one), now live in the geek world so I can honestly say that you don't do your peer goup any favours with your elevated sense of self importance.

northern said:
Thebull140 said:
Yes i may be considerably younger than yourself but i'm also not some 18 year old gobby sprog.
That's right, your a 22 year old 5 year served upgrader sprog who mouths off like you've seen it and done the lot. One working unit I guess?

Either you go out to wind others up, are a Troll or are simply a numbnuts who presents those around them with a stereotypical image of a tech.

I guess the third option

Please don't spout tech crap back, was one once (class one), now live in the geek world so I can honestly say that you don't do your peer goup any favours with your elevated sense of self importance.
Whooo guess someone cant take a joke :lol:

Thebull140 said:
Well we all know that the SF guys have this tape here so they can quickly put it over their eyes if they see a photographer but what would normal soldiers use it for? Maybe they were wrapping their christmas presents and they put the tape on there to keep it safe and just forgot about it. Has anyone thought of this. Hey maybe i can patent that, the special forces present wrapping smock. What do we think, worth a go?
I reckon you're in for a GEMS award mate.

mollzers said:
Also no NEED to wear Disrupted Pattern Matterial is there!! We could all quite happily cut around in nice orange dresses!, or even Clowns outfits!!!!!!!
Get caught in the wrong place on OpTELIC and you could get a nice orange jumpsuit for free! Bloody heathens.

Thebull140 said:
northern said:
Thebull140 said:

I guess the third option

Whooo guess someone cant take a joke :lol:
Sorry, who was making the joke? I was pointing out you are a boy soldier with little experience who gobs off above his station. You were just being a tit to other trades and trying to big yourself up.

I didn't joke and neither did you. Try to think about your comebacks a little longer, juveniles tend to shoot from the hip and engage mouth, or in this case keyboard, before brain.

Ah, the wisdom of youth.

Ah grumpy old man syndrome :lol: . My comebacks are placed firmly tongue in cheek it aint my problem if you cant see that. The majority of replies i recieve keep with this and most people seem to appreciate it and i've had some good banter with lots of people over the times. Sorry you seem to be taking offence at this though.

And i'll have you know i've done 2 units :p pretty much the same as every upgrader round here.

Ghost_Rider said:
Fcukin' hell - Didn't realise the Corps Angling Championships started this month :wink:
Aye and it looks like i've caught me a whopper.

cruisecontrol said:
is it me or do people who know there on course at blandford a couple of days before rush down to the pri shop and buy a smock, it is strange cos nearly every upgrader seems to have a brand spanking new smock with bits of masking tape over the buttons. then again i suppose a smock with masking tape on it will impress 18 yr old girls. GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!
looks to me like your just bitter cos you cant get a woman :twisted:
probbably cos your a red arrsed gobby sprog who always complains that he is being bullied/victimised etc, instead of eyeing up the blokes, try paying a bit more attention to your own kit instead of worrying about everyone elses. you little toe rag.

who cares its a jacket for fcuks sake, if you get a hard on cos someone is wearing a non-issued jacket then you need more in your life and the RD roster is definately for you and the measuring of badge positions should really be where you focus your attentions.
Does it matter really?

copey, thanks for that. (1) im married
(2)not a red arrse (like you)
(3) my kit is spot on. ( fact )
so out of three you got them all wrong better luck next time, go and warm your brain up then come back.

Shakespeare said:
ima tech and i am awesome
I'm even better! :D

And don't need a smock...

foreman said:
I'm even better! :D

And don't need a smock...
Tell me about it, I thought about getting a windproof smock............

........Then i realised it aint very windy in the workshop :roll: