Smilies not working properly

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by acp290885, Aug 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I joined this site all you had to do to add a smilie was to click on it on the page. Now I have to click on the "More Smilies" bit and click one of the smilies in the new box that opens. Anyone else getting this problem? This happens on my home and work PC.
  2. J_D

J_D LE

smilies don't show up on mine sometimes either. Not a big issue for me.
  3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I seem to keep curing this then it comes back. Wierd. I'll look again.
  4. Thanks Good CO, it started happening on my work computer, so I left it as I thought it might have been security settings, which I can't touch. Then it started on my home computer as well.
  5. Everything else I've tried on here works, adding a picture, etc. It's just the smilies.
  6. Do you by any chance use a Pop-up blocker? as this can effect add-ons at times!
  7. Not at work, at home I do, but I've got Arrse whitelisted so it will let anything through.
  8. J_D

J_D LE

Its not to do with pop up. Its clicking on the smilies and they will not load onto the page. I have the same problem at the moment. pop ups are all off, cookies and files deleted too. Still no outcome.
  9. Following link:

No post mode specified

I also have the same problem by the way.
  10. The smilies work when I have that copied into the address bar, but when I don't it just sticks them above the arrse title bar at the top of the page. And now I can't insert an image using the [​IMG]
  11. J_D

J_D LE

acp I have had that problem for a few weeks now. You have to type in the commands as you can't select them. Its a pain.
  12. Ok, here goes for typing in the command:

Hope this works.

Editted to say, Damn!
  13. If you'd changed that to
    it would have worked.
    The main reason for this is that we, can't see your C: drive.

A quick solution to anyone having problems with inserting images & smilies, would be to get Firefox.........
    It has the added benefit, that you can create a shitlist !!