Smelly car

/\ Wot he said.

It's not an 09 plate blue Ford Focus is it? Asking for a friend...

In my experience, 3 smells you can never remove from a car upholstery are baby sick, sour milk and wet dog. Don't waste your time trying

Go to a breakers/go online and find a replacement seat for that model. It will probably be cheaper than you think. Note the price plus delivery plus ballache and come up with a total figure. Ask the dealer for a partial refund for that amount and sort it out yourself

Fitting a new seat requires a 10mm ring spanner, undoing 4-6 bolts and a multiplug. Easy job
If you do rip the seat out check if you have to turn off or disconnect the airbags if fitted.

Being thumped in the face by a big balloon whilst removing the seat can spoil your day and cost you a few extra quid.

I've used bicarb of soda in a car after spilling milk during the summer months. Could be worth a try.

If you do rip the seat out check if you have to turn off or disconnect the airbags if fitted.

Being thumped in the face by a big balloon whilst removing the seat can spoil your day and cost you a few extra quid.
Good point. Always a good idea to disconnect battery and wait 30 minutes if working anywhere near airbags

Leave the car with Yokel for a couple of weeks and see if he can solve it.

@Yokel There you go mate. A temporary fix to your transport problem.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Thanks for all the suggestions. Dealership sending a bloke out who specifically deals with cars previously owned by smokers and doggies. It'll be a gas bomb doodad. Hope it bloody works!

/\ Wot he said.

It's not an 09 plate blue Ford Focus is it? Asking for a friend...

In my experience, 3 smells you can never remove from a car upholstery are baby sick, sour milk and wet dog. Don't waste your time trying

Go to a breakers/go online and find a replacement seat for that model. It will probably be cheaper than you think. Note the price plus delivery plus ballache and come up with a total figure. Ask the dealer for a partial refund for that amount and sort it out yourself

Fitting a new seat requires a 10mm ring spanner, undoing 4-6 bolts and a multiplug. Easy job
Completely agree, you'll never get rid of the smell..... go to a scrapper.

Leave the car with Yokel for a couple of weeks and see if he can solve it.

@Yokel There you go mate. A temporary fix to your transport problem.
I can see a business opportunity here. Just fill it up with fuel and deliver it to me. A few weeks later The odour will be replaced by one of your choice.

What type of car odour would Sir like? Diesel, Chinese takeaway, Indian takeaway, Fish and Chips, Post workout sweatiness, Cordite, Mint, Chocolate, Strawberry....

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
What type of car odour would Sir like? Diesel, Chinese takeaway, Indian takeaway, Fish and Chips, Post workout sweatiness, Cordite, Mint, Chocolate, Strawberry....
Sir? o_O SIR????

Actually, strawberry doesn't sound bad.

Madam?

I am terribly sorry, I was only responding to being tagged by @putteesinmyhands and did not read the full thread for clues as to the gender of the OP. Mea Culpa!

However, I was replying to him.

Do you have a coffee machine that uses pods?

Split a used pod open and place the coffee grounds into a small bowl. The coffee soaks up the offending odour .
Worked for me after knobchops pissed in the back of the car.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Fumigation completed today. Looked like a car fire! Didn't smell entirely unpleasant (not like the chlorine type fumigations I'd read about). We'll see in a few days if the smell returns......