SME. What is it?

westendboy

On ROPS
On ROPs
I normally pop into the NAAFI for a quick half and never leave but this morning I looked at some other stuff.

What is an SME?

SME.JPG

Its a business term referring to not huge corporations who have Sexually Molested Employees.

A fucking know it all smug cunt usually.
quite the opposite, in my exerience they are usually some WO1 bellend who is utterly unemployable at a regular unit and as such is fucked off to somewhere like the DE&S to cause chaos, ponce shiney stuff off industry and try to not actually kill anyone

Depends on the context...

Subject Matter Expert - overpaid, know all with no accountability.

Or Small Medium Enterprise - tax sucker business...unlike Voadphone /Amazon actually pay tax, legal backbone of UK business.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
A Russian secret service after a 50% cut?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
[serious mode on]

In theory a SME - Subject Matter Expert - is someone you go to for help and guidance in the area where they are an expert. Thus I am a SME for the software I work on - I train people in its use and try and find solutions for any problems experienced.

In the context of ARRSE, I think anyone with a SME tag is a genuine expert in the field and should be able to give a definitive answer when they respond.

View Profile: DOT - The Army Rumour Service

I am the official representative of the Digital Outreach Team from the House of Commons; we are politically impartial and cannot comment on government policy or give a political opinion.
So if DOT answers, it's the definitive answer to that specific question.

[/serious mode off]

Wordsmith

It's Crichton trying to say Smeghead!

[video=youtube_share;RXKlC8ph7mM]http://youtu.be/RXKlC8ph7mM[/video]