• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

SME. What is it?

westendboy

On ROPS
On ROPs
I normally pop into the NAAFI for a quick half and never leave but this morning I looked at some other stuff.

What is an SME?

SME.JPG

A fucking know it all smug cunt usually.
quite the opposite, in my exerience they are usually some WO1 bellend who is utterly unemployable at a regular unit and as such is fucked off to somewhere like the DE&S to cause chaos, ponce shiney stuff off industry and try to not actually kill anyone

Depends on the context...

Subject Matter Expert - overpaid, know all with no accountability.

Or Small Medium Enterprise - tax sucker business...unlike Voadphone /Amazon actually pay tax, legal backbone of UK business.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
[serious mode on]

In theory a SME - Subject Matter Expert - is someone you go to for help and guidance in the area where they are an expert. Thus I am a SME for the software I work on - I train people in its use and try and find solutions for any problems experienced.

In the context of ARRSE, I think anyone with a SME tag is a genuine expert in the field and should be able to give a definitive answer when they respond.

View Profile: DOT - The Army Rumour Service

I am the official representative of the Digital Outreach Team from the House of Commons; we are politically impartial and cannot comment on government policy or give a political opinion.
So if DOT answers, it's the definitive answer to that specific question.

[/serious mode off]

Wordsmith

Latest Threads