Smart Roadster.

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by MrShanklysboots, Jul 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have Just bought one.

It is the Dogs Danglies. An absolute Hoot to drive and sips Petrol in tiny birdlike nips, as opposed to full on quaffing.

That is all.

2. Ooooh you lucky b'stard. The Smart Roadster falls into the category referred to by my wife as 'stupid cars'. Unfortunately, she is bigger than me so I will have to wait until she is 'under the patio'. How do you get on with the semi-automatic gear malarkey?

3. Leave it in Full auto unless I fancy having a "play". Just got to be aware of that Turbo Lag (and it is a big Lag when in lower gears) but I find it part of the charm - trying to match the gear / speed / progress.

The most fun I have had with my clothes on this year. Bar none!

4. Any leaks yet? By all accounts the panel gaps weren't perfect and the roof design could have been better, so many people have had bad roof leaks. Garage the way forward.

Other than the semi-auto gearbox (firm manual fan) an absolutely cracking car. Fun. Feels twice as fast as it really is.

5. Yes there has been but it appears to be due to a poorly / damaged seal (it looks torn) as opposed to anything else.

As you say a garage may well be the way forward. More than made up for with the coathanger grins me and the better half have when out on a good day with the roof off!

6. I'm after one for about £2500, any idea where I might find one?

I live doon sooth on SPTA

7. EBAY or Autotrader on line

I don't fancy your chances of getting a roadster for that price - plenty of "Normal" Smarts about for 3K - so with a bit of proper bartering you should get near the price.

8. Nah, you probably won't get anything south of 4k

9. Are you talking about the small Smart Car or the lower car that's like a little sports car?