'Smart' Motorways, an accident waiting to happen?

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
Create a corridor like us, the difference being it's an offence to impede an emergency vehicle in Germany, it isn't in the UK.
True its only courtesy to get out of our way. And God forbid you "force" them into something illegal..... so please don't jump the lights for us guys!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
True its only courtesy to get out of our way. And God forbid you "force" them into something illegal..... so please don't jump the lights for us guys!
Was there not a prosecution a few year ago of someone in London who cleared out of the way into a box junction? The judge ruled he'd committed an offence regardless.

Let's have some common sense, as well.

London, somewhere.

Got much coverage, and comment from one pundit that he would never give way to a blue light again if that were the outcome.

Something (rightly) about the judge being a clown, an' all.

Google appears to disagree

Green_Homer

War Hero
London, somewhere.

Got much coverage, and comment from one pundit that he would never give way to a blue light again if that were the outcome.

Something (rightly) about the judge being a clown, an' all.
Absolute offence if I recall rightly... So regardless of intent the offence will still be complete.*

I'm not response trained but I'm sure someone who is will be able to confirm that part of the training includes turning off the siren and waiting behind traffic if you cannot find a path through without forcing them across the line at red lights.

*Slight amendment - a police officer or suitably accredited person (i.e. pcso) can direct you through a red light but this would be more for traffic management

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
Absolute offence if I recall rightly... So regardless of intent the offence will still be complete.*

I'm not response trained but I'm sure someone who is will be able to confirm that part of the training includes turning off the siren and waiting behind traffic if you cannot find a path through without forcing them across the line at red lights.

*Slight amendment - a police officer or suitably accredited person (i.e. pcso) can direct you through a red light but this would be more for traffic management
Yep

The Law is an ass. Don't forget that.

slick

LE
Some more upcoming legislation using iffy technology, speed limiters on new vehicles using cameras or gps. Chap goes into it on this video....

Some more upcoming legislation using iffy technology, speed limiters on new vehicles using cameras or gps. Chap goes into it on this video....

Mr Fillingham is renowned for his conspiracy theories and talking bollocks, but mainly for his droning on sending me to sleep...

Latest Threads