'Smart' Motorways, an accident waiting to happen?

daz

LE
The Junctions are paved as roundabouts, but as there is no signs they could be treated as T-junctions,
If there was a nasty and one said I treated it as a roundabout and the other said I treated it as a
T-junction, I wonder how the insurance would look at it
Whatever would cost them less to payout, it's an insurance company after all, however, most of the schemes do point out that you are entering a shared space area, and you should drive/walk/cycle accordingly

anglo

LE
Whatever would cost them less to payout, it's an insurance company after all, however, most of the schemes do point out that you are entering a shared space area, and you should drive/walk/cycle accordingly
The sign on entering one end of the system is on the opposite side of the road and placed
just as you enter the first junction, if there is traffic on the other side of the road, the sign is not visible
the size of sign, see below,

673862-3600x2700.jpg

daz

LE
The sign on entering one end of the system is on the opposite side of the road and placed
just as you enter the first junction, if there is traffic on the other side of the road, the sign is not visible
the size of sign, see below,

View attachment 449874
I did say most, not all :)

Saying that, as a driver, if you can't tell you've entered a shared space area, and drive accordingly, perhaps its time to give up your license*

*Not you personally, just any Muppet who can't read the road

Londo

LE
The Junctions are paved as roundabouts, but as there is no signs they could be treated as T-junctions,
If there was a nasty and one said I treated it as a roundabout and the other said I treated it as a
T-junction, I wonder how the insurance would look at it
One wonders . A side road near me in London had 9 mini roundabouts put in a half mile stretch . The first one you came to from the main road had a small sign saying 'Give way to the left' which was a very minor road . Never did work that one out .

Latest Threads