"Smallest Crown" Beret

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by AgentWallaby, Jan 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We are all aware that there are several decent retailers of berets around the country all supplying their own quality lids.(as per the numerous topics on the forum!)

However I'm just wondering if anyone happens to know which of them has the smallest crown, my current one is perfect, but in tatters, and I just can't remember who made it!(it had a cloth lining, navy blue, and no vents or manufacturer markings). The few I've seen that say "small crown" are still too big!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here are some links for anyone else interested in checking out what's on offer:
    Du Bora
    SoF Military
  2. I think varying definitions of "small" was the reason someone decided to issue berets by the size of the head in centimetres. Measure your head and ask them if they have or can make a beret of that size, rather than expecting them to accurately guess the size of your head over the internet.

My £0.02 :)
  3. Comments like that deserve a 'like' button for this here place. :D
  4. Thanks for your 2cents there Zulu but the small crown refers to the total amount of material above the leather band, not the size of the band itself.

In other words, I'm looking for a beret that doesnt mold all the way down to my shoulder.
  5. Shrink it like every other fckuer you lazy arrse.
  6. Have you considered growing your head?
  7. Victors in Aldershot used to make their own berets. & bloody good they were too. Unfortunately they closed about 15 years ago, but I believe that Du Boras do something similar.

If you are unfortunate enough to have a head that resembles the Elephant Man, Then the best thing is to have one specially made. :)

If your swede is normal, do what everyone else does & shrink the bloody thing!!! :D
  8. Try Du Boras in Aldershot
  9. Try www.egframes.net they have some really nice, all wool, small hood berets.