Small size Osprey & plates

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by IndependentBoffin, Nov 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello folks,

A close female relative of mine is being deployed to Afganistan soon. She's collected all her kit except her body armour. The stores aren't even sure they will be able to get it to her before she gets sent off - apparently she is an odd size (small).

Does anyone have any advice on how to make sure she gets her armour before she deploys? I'm really worried about her :(

2. A 'smaller' female in my unit got it made to measure for deployment. May happen with her.
  3. I guess it depends on the unit deploying with as I got mine when I arrived in Bastion, she will definitely get some though so I shouldn't worry
  4. She can not get on the plane without some form of body armour and the only way she is allowed out of bastion is with osprey if traveling is required for her job.

I would not worry about her not getting issued it.
  5. We travelled in CBA then got Osprey in loc as said, dont worry she will get it ;)
  6. She will get it AND she will get it ;)
  7. Alright thanks for putting my mind at ease folks! I love her very much.

Have a good day!
  8. IB, the MoD will be bound by some sort of legal requirement in that regard; here it's called 'Duty of Care' and/or 'Occ. Health & Safety'. They'll make sure she gets whatever kit she's supposed to, if only to cover their own arses against a lawsuit.
  9. Due to fielding issues she may have to fly in ECBA which is a min requirement but prior to RSOI she should get Osprey at Camp Bastion. She will not be the first small size that they would have dealt with and as mentioned earlier there is a duty of care to provide adequate protection role dependant.