Small Question

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Ray_Of_Johno, Jul 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this is an issue or not, i would be grateful for anyones thoughts on it.

Am apply to be an officer and have a boyfriend in the army but he is a Corporal, would this be frowned upon? Is it even allowed?

2. Based purely upon the presentation of this question, I'd advise you - strongly - to not even bother. Nothing to do with your significant other, rather the inability to present a coherent question: "applying" not "apply" in this context. Oh, and if you're a bloke, that is no bar whatsover, we welcome applicants of all sexual persuasions.

3. Yes it's allowed - you're just never going to serve together.

Is it frowned upon? There are people who will frown on anything.

You might want to give serious thought to the effect that it will have on your long term relationship - some Messes simply will not allow him in and vice versa.

4. join anyway, itll never last, youll be in the mess, handsome well paid gents all around who'll offer to whisk you away on romantic weekends to paris and rome, your boyfriend will get jealous and will try and keep tabs on you, youll become embarressed by him and his behaviour if you take him to mess functions as he'll treat it like he's in the NAAFI, arguements will follow, you'll get sick of his childish ways and sack him.
    Simple really!

5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

What? They'll never let him out? Brutal.

6. ********! :D

7. Funny though!

8. In reply to Filbert fox, not joining on behalf of the boyfriend is not even a consideration.
    Thank you for your thoughts though. :D

9. Good, join up and get stuck in, its your life.

10. Sounds like your mind is already made up. Ditch the boyfriend. Filbert will be the tall handsome one at the end of the bar surrounded by totty

:)

11. [
    I take it spelling and grammar are not an Officers strong point??

12. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Which strongly suggests that you aren't an officer either.

13. I know it's boring but I couldn't resist:

You forgot the apostrophe between "Officer" and "s".

Stones and glass houses...

14. Ahhh....its Ronnie...the failed squaddie! The wee bugger pops up everywhere! A grudge against commissioned types AND other cap badges! Those warm summer evenings must just fly by in your house!

Ray OJ,

You can continue with the relationship, but it will be an up hill battle my friend (for the reasons given). It should not stop you giving it a bash though. Best of luck to you.

Jonners

15. Gosh. I've finally found it. A thread that reminds me why its good to be a civilian.

Ray_of_jonno think again.

This thread is a small taste of Ante Room life. Life in the officers mess really is a series pissing contests about who can be the most **** and pompous about the use of the English language. ;)