Small Crown Int Corps Berets - a Warning!

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by cpunk, Apr 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I bought a 'small crown' Int Corps beret a couple of months back and very pleased with it I was. Having a jumbo, bumper, extra-large head, the issue beret was often mistaken for Salisbury Plain. Once I'd sewn my ancient, embroidered Int Corps side-hat badge on, it all looked very bolo and 'Legion Etrangere'. Sad to report however that these berets aren't washable: my nice new beret is now very clean and fluffy, but alas I would struggle to fit it on my son's Action Man. Moral of the story: check map pockets of trousers before chucking them in washer on hot cycle...
  2. Careless, very careless.

What you should have done, of course is have the maid, (sometimes referred to as wife or girlfriend) put your trousers in the dohbi, then you'd have a perfect excuse for abuse.
  3. I can't believe that someone as wise and old as CPUNK would commit such a schoolboy error....

Maybe it was the fault of his "life partner"!

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Well I admit it wasn't actually me that put the trousers in the washing machine because even if I hadn't spotted the beret, I probably would have noticed the A5 nyrex in the other leg pocket. Even so, I fear I must be losing it slightly to assume that the current Bulgarian au pair would check anything before washing it. It must be Alzheimers...
  5. Still employing the same old Bulgarian Secret Service Operator hey?

Better the Devil you know..etc etc etc.....

6. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Where's the problem? HIS have traditionally supplied cheap, well-trained domestic staff, many of whom have been known to 'do a turn' in the hope of acquiring compromising material.
  7. Another schoolboy error by cpunk. In todays touchy feely PC gone mad world, you can't refer to HIS. They are now merely FIS.
  8. Friendly Int Services ???? :)

Class name for a Honey-Trap

9. I meant to write FISH, something to do with the latin motto of a Corps unit...........
  10. Omlette de poisson?
  11. That's French :)

mensae, mensea, mensas.......come along lad....
  12. That the one who has a better moustache than me?
  13. Just 'cause you're old enough to have latin as a first language, APWT with spears, etc, etc, etc
  14. i remember my first mil trg lesson on Salibury Plain. The Sy Pl were busy putting some stones together in a circle. We were a few hundred meters away making spear tips from flint............
  15. ... and you used to do Pterodactyl recognition.

well it seems your legacy near salisbury lasted somewhat more robustly than the buildings at ashford. they really don't make 'em like they used to :)