Slugs

Discussion in 'DIY' started by thecoops, Sep 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I get slugs come in to my flat at night and can't work out where the **** they come from or how o could stop them. Any ideas ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

sentry guns like in Aliens. **nods**

• Like Like x 2
  3. You could put a sign up, or failing that move.

4. Slug pellets or some salt should stop the fkrs. I know they're homeless snails like but taking root in your flat! wtf!!!
    Squatters rights gone mad!

5. spray saline and orange solution is your friend. did it all over my house, and never had an issue since. Do it once a month and it also helps with daddy longlegs, ants and spiders

6. I'm sorry for your plight but that is one of the funniest posts I have seen on this site in ******* ages.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Grenades. Definitely grenades. One or two grenades and you'll not be troubled by the pesky blighters breaking and entering ever again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Use slug pellets you muppet.

9. They come in with the rats.

10. I've often wondered how the slugs get in, I think they must follow the rats.

• Like Like x 1
  11. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

Follow the trails to see where there are coming in from a put a dose of salt down across it and this tends to stop them as they have an aversion to salt on the basis that it makes them melt and turn inside out.

That is unless you are my dear old mum, who used to have quite a bad slug problem so went out and bought a "bug eyed snail gnome" type of thing and put it in her living room and has never had a single slug trail in her house since. I swear blind that it has to be coincidence, but she says that she read in a magazine somewhere that they won't enter an area where they can see a predator hence her funny snail.

12. Bollox!

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I'm fortunate this year as there are loads of hedgepigs here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The big orange ones are great for catching Carp...
    Catch some(not too hard) and then put salt down.

15. Oh, and get some fishing stuff..

• Like Like x 1